Using Cartfarmer to make pectin based gummies , experiences?

Hello everyone ,since its my first post here, i wanna say big up to all those who drop their knowledge here on f4200 and share it with the community, thank you !! :love_you_gesture:t4:

Im making vegan gummies , pectin based.
The problem on those is that the pour time is very short before its becoming jelly, unlike gelatine.

So my idea was to use the cartfarmer 1000 setup, i have already ordered the smaller setup for carts and am currently waiting to receive it.
Does anyone have experiences with that?
could it work out fine?

any thoughts are appreciated :slight_smile: :v:t4:

1 Like

@cart.farm @qma would that be a good workaround to use your device

1 Like

i can pour into a mold and level it within about 45 secs. I really dont know how your gonna get faster.

4 Likes

if youre using gelatine i understand, but pectin is not so viscous

I got busted down for using that word wrong, it may be the opposite of what you think it means like I did.

Viscous = more solid,

Less viscous = more liquidy

2 Likes

what do you mean exactly?
if i made any spelling misstake forgive me , english is not my main language
im from europe

This will not work! Even if it does, it doesn’t, solely because I do not support this! I love the farmer, but edibles is not a good application for it.

There are perfectly good condiment dispenser bottles that can finish that mold work hella quick!

8 Likes

pectin and dispenser bottles wont work together , but thanks for your honest opinion/answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The springs on the unimatic with clog with your pectin.

See the bottles we are talking about

2 Likes

We make tons of pectin based gummies.

I think depositing one gummy at a time is going to take too long and your mixture will start to solidify inside the cart farmer, resulting in clogging.

I wouldn’t recommend it.

2 Likes

i know this technique and again i can say , this wont work with pectin!

2 Likes

thats what i was worried about… even if it holds the perfect temperature … pectin is a bitch :slight_smile:

do you have any advises maybe for perfect pouring?
would be highly appreciated

What is this for? Like your own gummies at home, or for a business?

If it’s for a business, you’re gonna have to bite the bullet and get a depositor.

4 Likes

a mix of both , i would like to make small batches for me and some friends.
a depositor is basically the best thing you can do yes , but that would be way too much for me over here :slight_smile:

Other than a depositor, my next thought would just be 30mL a syringe with a greased up plunger (MCT oil)… But they might start gumming up in that too.
Like you said, you don’t have much time when you are using pectin.

How are you doing it now?

right now im only doing micro batches to get used to pectin.
ill pour directly from the kettle into the mold and then scrape it with a spatula.
i can imagine that by time it would get better but its still very tricky because of the fast gumming…

Well, unfortunately the smallest scale gummy depositor you can get is gonna be at least $2000-$3000 (and that’s a knock off from China). The nicer entry level one from Germany is $13,000. But one from China will probably do the job…

Other than that, the only real options I have seen are pouring by hand or using syringes.
Sorry, bud. You need to be able to keep the gummy mixture hot, all the way until it gets into the molds. Once you take the heat away, you only have a few minutes. That’s why these depositors work so well. They are heated all the way up until the mixture goes into the molds.

1 Like

That fast gumming would wreak havok on the check valves.

1 Like

I don’t have a dog in this fight but is this mostly related to stopping? Could you hook a three way up to the feed line and switch to hot water if you have to stop filling?

I assume the problem is that the pectin gummy solution will still harden regardless of temperature?

1 Like

If you keep it hot enough, it will stay liquid. But once it stops getting enough heat, you have about 3 minutes lol.

2 Likes