Tricks of the trade

Lol

Thats exactly what i use.
Wide mouth, regular mouth, and a mighty hand pump vac. -25hg is the deepest i can get with the mv.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing those. I wonder if any of said ā€˜fugesā€™ are approaching patent infringement on the CUP. they claim to have one in the works but for whatā€¦ I have no idea.

Funny story, When delta separations ā€˜joined forcesā€™ with that MDC Vaccuum company, they made a post on their Instagram (painful looking screenshot repost) the post had mentioned that delta separations had a patent pending on their system (first i heard of it) So when i saw that i happened to be the first to comment on the post and i inquired about the patent out of curiosity saying something like ā€œwhoa no way, I didnā€™t realize you had a patent pending on your system.ā€ obviously wondering what they could patent on a centrifuge as they have been around for yearsā€¦ 5 minutes later, comment was deleted and my account was blockedā€¦

weird way to handle things like that. Makes me wonder how many other people theyā€™ve silenced in order make it look like everyone wants a CUP. Luckily, they cant silence me on Future!

that rubbed me the wrong way. an appropriate response might have been, ā€œwe do have a patent pending, however, to protect our intellectual property, the details of which are not going to be discussedā€

5 Likes

can you say prior art? :wink:

or ā€œobvious to anyone skilled in the artā€¦ā€?

Edit: should have taken pictures of the chalkboard at the Dept of Facilitation when a buddy and I sketched out the concept in 2013. Couldnā€™t get the guys I was working for to fund it (I asked for $2500 to build a prototype). They now own a CUP 15 :wink:

2 Likes

This was a nice trick @drjackhughes shared with us!

7 Likes

Soxhlet
Regular
6m
you can tape a joint with it in a pinch, just wrap it candycane style around the male cone of the joint.

On uesing normal plumber teflon (ptfe) tape on glass joints

2 Likes

Sorry @Roguelab I had to!

This the link to his above postā€¦I think itā€™s needed here!

1 Like

Yeah how do You do that paste. The post from one to the other. ?gives a lot more respect to original author :+1:[quote=ā€œStonejh77, post:88, topic:2874ā€]
think
[/quote]

3 Likes

See the 2 boxes linked together, beside the heart button, go to the message your trying to linkā€¦click it , then press "copy it to ur clipboard"or copyā€¦

Then start the new message in the thread you want, hold down on empty screen, or right click and press pasteā€¦ Itā€™ll paste the linkā€¦ Just make sure you type below it an no where in it

5 Likes

Think I found nice home for thisā€¦

@Roguelab :bowing_man::bowing_man::bowing_man: paving the way!!!
And @Killa12345 looking beautiful!!!

Courtesy @Soxhlet for this next goodie, more SPD tricks!

First time running a short path distillation setup. Comments and Suggestions Please! - #58 by Soxhlet

These guys let it flow!!! Pull up chair and absorb some this overflowing WISDOM!!

6 Likes

When filtering through celite, scape off the nasty shit itā€™s collected every 2L or so. This will keep filtration flowing w/o the need for replacing filter and/or celite.

14 Likes

Hereā€™s my one hour winterization
Mix crude with warm ethanol 1:1
Chill as much as you can ethanol
Mix crude with chilled ethanol 1:8 let stand one hour.
If no good freezer ethanol with dry ice works too

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna try this

1 Like

Ace hardware heat gun and silicon tape, napa auto store high heat silicone hose. Beats the 3000 for a recirculating heater.

Please do not leave unattended and try at your own risk.

34 Likes

This trick is great !!
Fir those on a budget but to achieve. The @anon42519203 hot condensor tech
Temperature control is achieve by a heatgun with temperature controls
IT can be used to heat or to Cool :grinning:
@fresh.botanicals uses visuals in the Condenser to adjust temperatures :+1:

5 Likes

Rocco SPD matched to a 5 dollar heat gun! Love it

7 Likes

Trust me and donā€™t buy china glass. Rocco has great prices. Chasing leaks will ruin your life

7 Likes

Oh I know Rocco has good stuff for sure but man Iā€™m a cheap bastard

9 Likes
  • Large food grade SS buckets
  • Qaulity glassware
  • Multiple back-ups of glassware
  • Multiple pumps
  • min. -50 degree freezer
  • Having a PhD organic chemist who has worked in pharmaceutical development
  • Having a outside scientific advisor to review and question SOPs
  • Silica plates for thin film chromatography
  • If you have the money, a HPLC for analytics
5 Likes

??? Great list but this is tricks of the trade tread

6 Likes

Easiest way to clean out a columnā€¦ use a a dog tie out steak. Simply screw it into the material and once youā€™ve got it in far enough you pull it out. Quick and clean.

35 Likes