New and starting with SPD

Welcome sir.

I am manufacture from China, that has been producing labs equipment, such as rotovap, spd, vacuum pump and so on; you could see more by my post in my profile.

If u want more details, quotation or questions, just dm and I will help u and send the quotation.

anybody used there SPD for recovering methanol ? presume it will work if the mantle is set at say 70c any thoughts ?
with or without vac ?
I’ve got a table top water distiller from H20 labs , not bad with IPA , but probably too hot for methanol .
unless there’s a way of tampering with thermostat ? any advice welcome as always

Should work for methanol yet the boil will go faster just watch for gaskets
Methanol has different property’s than IPA

2 Likes

You can use the spd I would without vac for methanol
But I think you will loose a lot to the air for the condenser is so short maybe a receiving flask under the coldtrap
Coldtrap filled with ice and water

1 Like

cheers mate , looking forward to the next run , your advice is greatly appreciated .

just one more quick question , I’m going over the lost biologists bucket tech and see the DI is added directlly to the solvent , in his case ethanol then the biomass added , I’m presuming this works but I was going to just use a cyro bath to prevent co2 dissolving in the solvent .
if I go with the direct route can anyone see any issues , acidicty etc , colour issues ? am I best just using a cyro bath to reduce the risks ?

hi team , hope everyone is well !
anyway normally I process trim and had a sucessful last batch with a cryo soak etc , carbon scrub then passe through DE and SPD etc .
however I’ve been asked to process 2kg of basically already prepared RSO .
now I before I process I want to winterize etc because I’m unsure whether it’s been through that stage already , I’d guess not so I want to be 100% sure .
now the question haha to winterize would I still need a ratio of 10:1 so 2kg :20 litres of methanol ?
filter out the shit then carbon scrub , I’ve got my hands on some lab grade activated AC and also managed to purchase celite 545 too which was difficult as I’m in the UK .
so I’m really looking forward to the next batch .
how much AC should I add to say 20litres of methanol extract ?
once I scrub do I simply pass through celite then reduce down then SPD ?
any advice welcome as always X

Nice setup. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the reason for the stainless steel hose coming out of the vac that turns into a kf25 barb adapter? Is that so you use less rubber tubing each time you have to replace it?

Hui All, hope all is doing well. I posted this topic a while ago, funny to see it is still active

a couple of months after this topic, I was busted by the police. They raided my house and destroyed my whole operation.

I am back, and I am back into growing! I am rebuilding my non profit organisation for cancer patients. And thus, my my questions remains:

Can any1 help me with configurating a setup together? I have 3000 euro budget (around 4000 dollar)Is that enough for a small SPD operation? Is roguelab still active? He is from the same city as me and gave me his number back then. After that corona happened and I lost track of him :frowning:

Hes been around.

@Roguelab

2 Likes

If you dont mind buying glass from David, your budget is easily enough to get a kit. I think my kit was 700 euro shipped to spain.
You can spend maybe up to 1000 on a nice second hand pump on ebay.
Fish tank pump and a hotplate for the condenser.
pressure gauge, themometer, ptfe tube…
You should easily get everything for 2000 USD

How do you intend to extract ? Butane or ethanol ?
The rest of your budget could be used for this ?

I will @ you in a thread where I bought my Kit, the seller is a really nice guy, very helpful, best packaging i have ever seen lol…

:+1:

3 Likes

As you’re back, I’ll point out that BHO is not the solvent here.

Butane is the solvent.

Butane Hash Oil (BHO) is the product made when extracting cannabis with butane.

Go to your local gas supplier and ask for BHO, they’ll probably know what you’re up to, but they won’t be able to sell you any.

6 Likes

Hitting 75% or even 80% total active cannabinoids (TAC) can absolutely be done with ethanol. Single pass, no post processing. Decarb it, and it will even make a passable cart. Certainly for home use or in “dry” locations. Decarb under pressure to retain terps? - #9 by StoneD

55% is because you soaked, and used IPA which pulls more fats. You also want -50C solvent not -20C

If you can’t get ethanol, this may not be relevant: Iso vs ethonal

Edit: you will almost certainly be leaving cannabinoids behind if you’re hitting 75% TAC or above without post processing (10-15% of them in my experience). But it beats post processing imo.

6 Likes

I love you ! :heart:
This is something i wondered but didn’t want to ask and get attacked with spoons lol

2 Likes

Can you please show me this?

Google search souse vide

Lol

I know what sous vide is, I was more asking for the complete set up. I understand that a normal water pump can’t handle 90 degree water so was curious of how this person put there’s together? Do you know?

Yep. Setup has been posted around here repeatedly.

Suggested queries: “hot water” and “pond pump”

I’ve used a bucket heater and a pond pump (several pond pumps…they melt) for this. It allows you to run the condenser in the 70-90C range.

Need to get closer to 100C?

Ask the Google for a taco

You want hotter?
You need different weaponry…

Eg:

10 Likes

The brilliance of this is still great and
So functional I still use this tech from time to time either with heat or yust to cool the glass a pinch

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me and steer me in the right search direction! Big help have a good one!

1 Like