The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has initiated rule-making for Delta-8-THC

3 Likes

Hmm, hands up who didn’t see that coming?

Link for the lazy :wink:

Doesn’t drill down to committee minutes, but I believe that is possible.

8 Likes

If y’all’s in OR and gives a shit you’ve got 24hrs to submit comment on this set of rule changes.

haven’t read document yet. Don’t think D8 is included.

This set was discussed, at last “public meeting” and “shit! D8?!? omfg!! We should do something!!!” apparently came up as well.

I stopped attending the in person meetings when I was told by my employer that showing up with a ball gag installed might well stop me from calling anyone an idiot, but he was pretty sure I’d rip it out at some point if he didn’t also put me in a straight jacket…so I’d end up being disruptive no matter how we played it…

:shushing_face:

1 Like

We’re about to see this across the board imo.

2 Likes

D8 in Oregon Rec - #2 by pdxcanna I posted an email from an olcc inspector saying this a month ago.

5 Likes

@Kingofthekush420

Cbg and cbn are agonists also so it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out as neither of them are regulated drugs and would fall into the same category as d8 when applying the Oregon state rule

2 Likes

They’ll figure out soon enough that that wouldn’t make any sense and narrow scope… Probably hone in on the “artificial” part.

1 Like

“Artificially derrived”

@Kingofthekush420

What say you on that wording? Not trying to start an arguement, but it IS artificial and not naturally occurring or worth extracting “naturally”.

2 Likes

This comment is pretty much to the point about how I feel when it comes to this

Artificial and synthetic aren’t the same or they’d just have called d8 synthetic and not gone through all this to close a “loophole” as they even call it

1 Like

See here for his retort:

Lots of focus on artificial =/= synthetic…lol

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

And neither are synthetic/artificial…

So the plant makes cbn in high enough concentrations to extract it?!

:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

I dont think so

According to the rule listed above cbg is outlawed as ALL agonists are outlawed (whether synthetic or artificial)

You never did answer my question

If synthetic = artifical why are they making regs to catch the “loophole” the state keeps talking about?

Why didn’t they just call d8 synthetic if that’s what it is?

Because it’s not :exploding_head:

There are a few ways to get CBN, and cannabinoid degradation with heat and time isn’t the same as a synthetic cannabinoid. There is only one way to get enough D8 at scale…synthesis.

LOL of course I did, you silly goose!

You’re planting your flag on the fact a non-chemist used the word “artificial” instead of “synthetic.” I wouldn’t want to stand next to you when the Feds come, that’s all I’m saying.

1 Like

Lmao youre pretty funny claiming making cbn from cbd isn’t synthetic when you have to make thc first to make cbn which is the first step of making d8

:clown_face:

3 Likes

So thread can get back on topic, and drama free. I’m out. We all know where I stand.

The OLCC also said in their rules that CO2 was a “hydrocarbon”… There is no requirement they use words correctly or even be internally consistent.

7 Likes