A lawyers take on delta 8

But decarbing happens naturally over time. How is a natural process also synthetic?

2 Likes

I think you have to perform a sacrifice of burning pure solvent, poured over a broken chinese wiper, while mumbling “D8 is legal, D8 is great”…. To summon @Kingofthekush420
He should show up in no time after that!

5 Likes

Do you know the enzymatic pathway by which d8 is produced in the plant?

Decarbing isn’t Synthesis because the dea considers thca and thc as the same thing… no new compound was created. Damn I should have been a lawyer

2 Likes

Did you actually read that article?

They’re not gonna make it so only thc licenses can make it, they don’t want ppl bringing converted product into metrc so they’re going to make testing standards for it in the hemp industry because there aren’t any

Et tu, Brute?

Say it with me: cannabimimetic

Are you going to run to Wikipedia now? I’ll wait…lol

The Feds are coming, and you better hide, Mr. D8 Wiki Screenshot Master.

WVBEUg

1 Like

Also, “effective action” is to ban D8 and “other artificially-derived cannabinoids”

What makes you think they’re (or the Feds) are cool with synthetic cannabinoids?

Sure, that article implies they want to regulate D8 for sale, but, this is OR, where OMRI isn’t good enough (hence NOP) and I would bet the public hearings get heated. And once the anti-D8 people start speaking up, and once OLCC understands the legal implications, I’d bet my house they ban it.

1 Like

Hey, why are they making regs for d8 if its covered under synthetic cannabinoids?

Obviously because it’s not or they would use the regulations already in place to deal with the problem, there’s a reason they didn’t call them “synthetic cannabinoids” :exploding_head:

This just proves even more that the loop hole exists

Because they are legislators, not chemists. Once they learn what they don’t know, their tune will change.

LOL…“synthetic” vs. “artificial” is due to laymen vs. expert. Simple as that.

But, please tell the Feds that OR said D8 is an “artificial cannabiniod” so all is good :slight_smile:

Diction is everything, like I said they didn’t call it a synthetic cannabinoid for a reason.

Funny you’re trying to argue when this article is specifically pointing out there’s a loophole for d8 and that its valid which is why they’re regulating it

Either way this is just more evidence that proves d8 isnt a synthetic

1 Like

LOL…sure buddy, sure.

Artificial = synthetic to laypersons (and any thinking human). Remember, we are talking about non-experts here, so the fact they don’t use proper nomenclature isn’t a big surprise.

/mic drop…done…goodbye

Lol :laughing:

You obviously don’t know anything about diction and the human language

Artificial doesn’t mean synthetic or they’d regulate d8 as a “synthetic” I mean why would they need new regulations to cover a loophole if it was covered :crazy_face:

Youre logic is flawed

I’m sure we’ll know pretty soon when @iontrap tests your gummies and sends the alphabet boys a manifesto.

3 Likes

Coming from the king of poor syntax

4 Likes

If it’s a research standard it’s legal even if you’re selling it to people without testing labs.

I could care less what he does, my gummys are federally legal and I stand behind my product 100%

3 Likes

I mean, I agree that at this point it’s foolish not to pursue D8 as a potential revenue stream if you’re in the hemp space.

As of now there’s no precedent for the DEA or any type of feds to stop your operation and it’d be an uphill battle for them to prosecute you given the contradiction and struggle between the farm Bill and the DEA.

I do, however, believe that the feds are taking their time to build a case and that eventually they will bring the hammer down with a mighty force.

That’d would be a shitty time to be in the D8 business.

Make your money while you can but know when the bear market is coming, cause (IMO) it’s coming.

5 Likes

My question I ask everyone,
If .3% thc is suspended in a non water mixture, but tests under the .3%thc is that legal? Seems like a huge loop hole the government didn’t mean to make

Dilution finished products are safer bets than carts.

2 Likes

Garlic and parmesan mother liquor FTW

1 Like