THCV Review from Hempdrop.io/LulaCBD

This is a review of THCV isolate from Hempdrop.io, a bulk group buy site. It went “OK”.

For those of you who don’t know, @krinkle runs LulaCBD. Hemp Drop is his other site that buys something in bulk like D8 from @CBDOkie and splits it up for consumers at a slightly cheaper price. He lists group buys a month out for it to be produced, gauge the demand and ship it to buyers. I was pumped when THCV went up because I had trouble finding some for cartridges for a minute.

I placed my order on 6/19 at $90 a gram, free shipping. The group buy closed on 7/1, I believe. It arrived at my door 8/25. 85 days from the time it was listed for sale. 55 days from the close of the group buy to be delivered.

Here is the chromatogram:

The bioassay:

My employee loves cannabinoids- he has enjoyed THCV with D9 and D8 in cartridges and dabs. He was excited to try straight THCV. In his dab rig, it gave a ton of clean milky vapor in his e-nail but it did nothing to him. He turned up the heat and took another and nothing again. I’m not a dabber, but I tried one and it did absolutely nothing to me. I’m a repeat customer at LulaCBD and the full spectrum varin distillate they offer sharpened up my eye sight a little bit, released some tension in my back and gave me a little pep in my step. I didn’t expect NOTHING from straight THCV.

My (small) opinion.

I was really bummed by this transaction. I try not to get bent out of shape and make it a point to support folks with my business at Future 4200. It’s not the small amount of money involved, it was making my med patients wait and tying up my business money. @Krinkle was willing to speak to me nicely via DM and sent me an extra gram for making custies wait for so long.

@7Leaf @CO_Chromatography and @CannaChemistry also offer THCV, so if I need a very limited use entourage cannabinoid for cartridges I can get it.

1 Like

Lol sounds overrated $90g and no buzz. Anxiety no appetite $90g sounds like legal cocaine with 1/3 of the fun.

3 Likes

I see it’s 99% something but do you know for certain that something is THCV? Seems labs are having a hard time identifying whats what with the recent influx of semi synthetic cannabinoids. Is there any possibility it’s just a different cannabinoid altogether? That’s not to mention D8-THCV, D9-THCV, etc.

I think a lot of these minors won’t show the effects we’re looking for without a moderate dose of D9. I have never believed in the “entourage effect” jargon but I do think cannabinoids are meant to perform synergistically.

5 Likes

Did anyone determine whether this was THCv or D8THCv?

Would that explain why there were no psychotropic effects?

3 Likes

Hell, labs are having a hard enough time telling the difference between D8 and D9 as it is. They make more money focusing their resources on testing gummies, distillate, and flower all day. So I highly doubt we will see reliable testing on these minors for a while with the exception of the smaller labs that put the extra work in.

I doubt you’ll get an answer on the different varins. This is all new grounds. If you have enough left to test I would reach out to some labs though.

I would not assume that it’s not THCV based off of the fact you didn’t respond when consuming it alone. It’s a receptor antagonist so it may be drastically different alongside CB1 receptor agonists.

3 Likes

I would have to agree with @stoopkid above. Having no prior experience with thcv my guess is this is d8thcv. From my limited testing though there were definitely effects, focus came from high doses where as the appetite suppressant nature was prevalent even at low doses.

Heres a quick in-house gc run. (DISCLAIMER!!! I do not have a standard yet for thcv, it did however elude about where I thought it would from other tests with thcv products.)

Whats interesting to me is the second bump to the right of where the CBT marker is located. Maybe d9thcv? I need to purchase more standards it seems…

4 Likes

Thank you!!

I’ve seen multiple reports listing THCV as non-psychoactive. I was having a hard time with that…but I’m now more inclined to believe it.

Phylos seminar on the subject right now…

1 Like