THCV Isolate

That would be hilarious if some of it was coming from Australia, given how crazy their laws are on even just CBD. I would love to hear more about this if you know anything.

Edit: @elchemy could probably comment on legality in AU.

1 Like

Agreed @krinkle - Australian Cannabis laws mean that even CBD is highly regulated and hard to work with. THCV isn’t legally/readily available anywhere outside the USA to my knowledge.

1 Like

Will definitely be from some type of chromatography to purify from a varin rich extract, cleaned up first with distillation.
The trick is finding a THCV rich hemp variety to start with.

3 Likes

@krinkle I’m a THCV nerd, love the varin. Curious how the isolate stacks up to the cut? Have you had the varin?

Would love to get in line (point the way) for next drop.

Cheers

4 Likes

Got my THCv iso in the mail, nice packaging. Discreet and professional. Isolate looks great, has a slight amber tinge where exposed to air but breaks up into a white crystalline powder. Did a fat dab for breakfast today…I’m still not hungry. Even after working in the sun all day. I’m a fan. Next I intend on making a few carts
1:1 CBDv:THCv I’ll post results. Thank you all the patience was worth it!

11 Likes

Here’s my THCV review:

1 Like

If I’m correct @krinkle said his THCV was D8THCV. While I don’t think there’s a ton of bioassay and analytical data, it may be that the D8 vs D9 show different pharmacological effects.

5 Likes

Just did a molecular docking on my computer to compare D9 THCV to D8 THCV binding to the CB1 receptor, here’s the results, the lower the value the better. D9 is the top picture. If anyone has experience with this work let me know, I’ve been doing a lot of self learning. image|364x500

7 Likes

forgive my ignorance and reluctance to put in the homework in receptor bonding properties…“…the lower the value…”, what value are you referring to here?

The Lower the number the better, the number being the binding affinity which is measured in kilocalorie per mole ( a unit to measure an amount of [energy] per number of [molecules][atoms] or other similar [particles] )
Basically the less energy it takes to bind Thcv to the receptor the more binding and effect we get.

8 Likes

had to check this forum to see if anyone got it glad you got to try some, so I did the group buy too placed an order back in June and still have yet to receive the THCV, they did send the D8 however.

1 Like

the group buy site appears to be dead, at least in that they have nothing listed. I think you might need to check with your bank about getting your money back

1 Like

Dam dude thats a dope program

idk what silverstudent is using but 1-Click Docking is free for basic use online

4 Likes

Im blown away by the pictures with the mapping of the receptors, it always amazes me the shit humans have figured out.

4 Likes

@PCrnd @RedundantAlexithymia

@krinkle here is LulaCBD/Hempdrop.io. He usually responds if you light him up.

It was disappointing that his misrepresented “THCv” was CBDv converted to D8THCv. It definitely was not the same as cannabis-derived THCv.

3 Likes

I ordered two viles it does absolutely zero.

3 Likes

Here is my product review of their D8THCv. Spoiler: it did nothing.

3 Likes

Nothing…?

2 Likes

very curious how you were able to get enough of this molecule to Isolate it without it being mildly synthetic. So many synthetic cannabinoids on the market now.

2 Likes