Foodie thread

Oh boy this will be one of my favorite threads. I love to cook. None of this stuff is infused with anything…but could be pretty easily. Let’s see, I’m sure everyone can decipher these. Not sure what order it’s in so I’ll just list off everything below:

We have pineapple chicken served inside the pineapple itself. Stuffed lobster (stuffed with scallops, salmon and some bread crumbs). Sous vide duck breast. Tacos (guacamole was made from scratch in a molcajete and the steak was marinated and seared on cast iron). Venison (sous vide) with a pan sauce and some sweet potatoes. Spatchcocked squab over a risotto and bourbon glazed pears. Sous vide new york strip with stuffed mushrooms and a risotto. Sous vide pork tenderloin and a pea risotto. Chilequiles with a homemade margarita and finally homemade enchiladas with a homemade red chili sauce.

Bon appetit everyone!

29 Likes

That’s what I’m talkin bout! Lawdy that ish looks good.

7 Likes

Thanks! Cooking is very relaxing to me, plus I love to eat and it definitely helps to impress the females. I’m pretty much just self taught, I think my plating could use a little work but it gets me by for now.

9 Likes

Damn you’re good!

Bavette steak:

11 Likes

Colorado Elk Steaks!

15 Likes

Nah, bro. I must have worn my nerve endings down from back in the day, but THCv doesn’t do much.

2 Likes

Thick cut, smoked, pepper bacon with a thin layer of cream cheese wrapped around elk backstrap and grilled is one of my favorite things to make with elk. I don’t have any pictures, but damn of it doesn’t make me hungry just thinking about it!

3 Likes

Use a big plate, but plate tight, with control. Less is more. That way you have the luxury of offering seconds. :slightly_smiling_face:

Though I’d be on the porch taking a smoke break after any one of those, and that’s just fine too

1 Like

Bread time…

23 Likes

I love bread. :drooling_face:

I’m making deep fried wings and homemade kettle chips. :man_shrugging:t3: Maybe a salad for the diet. Lol

7 Likes

I do t get to make bread anymore at my work, it’s not worth the man hours with our new normal stuff, so it looks like im back on the grill. Maybe I’ll change my handle to @grillgrate

2 Likes

I skip the deep fryer now. I bought 9ne of those air fryers.

LOVE IT

2 Likes

For sure, but often times I’m cooking for myself, so I just like to pile it on haha.

1 Like

a salad to look at while you eat?

A good salad is built on nuts lardons and cheese imho :smile:

Waxy greens like kale sometimes like a finer chop and a longer dressing. You can tear hearty lettuces and dress them an hour early to soften them. I love some kale. with bacon :wink:

2 Likes

I have the Ninja Foodi air fryer/pressure cooker and its awesome.
I pressure cook a whole chicken 17 mins and then air fry for 15.

5 Likes

Anyone have a good recipe for bagels? I’m really struggling since coming back to CO, baking is so hard here :sob: They seem too dense and rather than chewy the outside is getting crispy.

Or just high altitude baking tips in general.

I have one too. It o lynpressure cooks and crock pot. No air fryer. That’s a seperate unit.

Speaking of, my nightly snack is 2lbs chicken wings.

Grow food, cook it, eat it, repeat.

New favorite thread

26 Likes

Since we have sooo many good glg cooks here. I know @Future likes to have these events catered but we should have a future4200.com pot luck someday. Maybe around the time we get the 4/20 meetup rescheduled. Lol.

14 Likes

It took ya long enough to pop in.

Too much farm work?

I’ll take those chops. Lamb I’m guessing?
Little olive oil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice?

3 Likes