THCp Synthesis

Absolutely and particularly in the case of the phorols.

By selective breeding it ought to be a lot easier to come up with a high varinol strain than to develop a high phorol strain. In the former case, the critical enzymes involved evolve to sort of reject the natural 5-carbon tail substrates and/or their precursors. Envision the active sites shrinking to such a degree that the 5-carbon tail substrates no longer fit, they’re too big.

In the phorol case, the opposite must take place; The active sites evolve to become more promiscuous and now 7-carbon tail substrates and/or their precursors are accepted in the biosynthetic pathway.

Conceptually, the first case ought to be easier to achieve and this is borne out by development of strains that produce about 1:1 mixtures of CBD/CBDV if I remember the COAs from sales threads on this Forum correctly.

I don’t think selective breeding of phorol producing strains will come close to rival what can be made by biotechnology. With biotechnology you can use native d9-THCa synthase but you feed it only CBGPa and the enzyme has no choice but to cyclize the substrate to d9-THCP. Feed it CBGVa and now the synthase can only make d9-THCV.

All without any “cross contamination” by shorter or longer tails, which typically require resource intensive chromatography for their separation.

5 Likes

Where does CBG come into the equation?

Direct biological precursor to BOTH CBDa AND THCa.

Did you read https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56785-1.pdf ?

As linked at the top of a couple of the THCP threads

Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol (Thc-P) Novel cannabinoids found in Cannabis- 7x more potent then d9THC

CBDP and THCP?

2 Likes

Yep…to get to CBDP or THCP you need CBGP.

3 Likes

It describes synthesis and gives references…

Stereoselective synthesis of CBDP and Δ9-THCP

(-)-trans-Cannabidiphorol ((-)-trans-CBDP) and (-)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol ((-)-trans-Δ9-THCP) were stereoselectively synthesized as previously reported for the synthesis of (-)-trans-CBDB and (-)-trans-Δ9-THCB homologs11,12,24. Accordingly, (-)-trans-CBDP was prepared by condensation of 5-heptylbenzene-1,3-diol with (1 S,4 R)-1-methyl-4-(prop-1-en-2-yl)cycloex-2-enol, using pTSA as catalyst, for 90 min. Longer reaction time did not improve the yield of (-)-trans-CBDP because cyclization of (-)-trans-CBDP to (-)-trans-Δ9-THCP and then to (-)-trans-Δ8-THCP occurred. 5-heptylbenzene-1,3-diol was synthesized first as reported in the Supporting Information (Supplementary Fig. SI-1). The conversion of (-)-trans-CBDP to (-)-trans-Δ9-THCP using diverse Lewis’ acids, as already reported in the literature for the synthesis of the homolog Δ9-THC27,28,29, led to a complex mixture of isomers which resulted in an arduous and low-yield isolation of (-)-trans-Δ9-THCP by standard chromatographic techniques. Therefore, for the synthesis of (-)-trans-Δ9-THCP, its regioisomer (-)-trans-Δ8-THCP was synthesized first by condensation of 5-heptylbenzene-1,3-diol with (1 S,4 R)-1-methyl-4-(prop-1-en-2-yl)cycloex-2-enol, as described above, but the reaction was left stirring for 48 hours. Alternatively, (-)-trans-CBDP could be also quantitatively converted to (-)-trans-Δ8-THCP in the same conditions. Hydrochlorination of the Δ8 double bond of (-)-trans-Δ8-THCP, using ZnCl2 as catalyst, allowed to obtain (-)-trans-HCl-THCP, which was successively converted to (-)-trans-Δ9-THCP in 87% yield by selective elimination on position 2 of the terpene moiety using potassium t-amylate as base (Fig. 2a).

Paper brings up how THCP and THC differ, the specific hemp strain from which CBDP was isolated, how to get to THCP starting from CBDP and where to find info on making CBDP from scratch.

1 Like

@mitokid this is the thread where you should be posting

5 Likes

A more important point is the heptyl analogues (thcp) is the concept of “full agonism”: A full agonist is a drug which is capable of producing a maximum response that the target system is capable of :
delta 9THC is only a partial agonist for CB1 receptor…almost impossible to find
any good data on lethal dose.
We discussed this elsewhere, the CB1 receptor exhibits partial agonism, full agonism
and inverse agonism and has a allosteric binding site for CBD modulation .
The receptor is a GPCR and is coupled to a network of intracellular biochemical events…
Think of “full agonism” as a “very dark- black box” from the psychodynamic perspective.

A summary of Lethal Dose data from “Edgewood Data” on dimethylHEPTYLpyran (thcp analogue/full agonist)

“At 50 mg/kg IV dose the initial stimulation included clonic
and tonic convulsions of short duration followed by marked
depression characterized by deep sleep for approximately 48
hr; after 3 days, the animal began an uneventful recovery. At
100 mg/kg, IV doses, the animal showed immediate depression and shallow respiration and died within 28 hr.
Minimum lethal dose (MLD) was found to be 10 mg/kg.
This killed one of the two dogs between postdrug day 3 and
day 4. A significant margin of safety (1,000) was demonstrated between the minimal effective dose (0.01 mg/kg) and
the lethal dose.”

If you have a nice recreational drug like delta9 THC, a partial agonist for CB1 receptor…
why would anyone want to explore the “high” of the full agonist…where you wake up depressed 48hrs later…with a (possible) loss of CB1 receptor activity and possible death 4 days later???

read about the European experience with “spice”/synthetic full agonists like JWH 18:

"A number of products (notably JWH-018, his 18th experimental substance) have even borne his initials. A talk he gave to the Carolina Cannabinoid Cooperative was entitled ‘JWH-018 – A Good Compound Gone Bad’. Hoffman has been vocal in condemning the products sold under the ‘Spice’ label, warning that their health implications have not been fully appreciated. He has been quoted as saying “We had no idea that anyone would be stupid enough to use it […] If you want to get high, marijuana is easily available.”

THCP…may be marginally “legal” in the criminal sense… but anyone selling it should understand the tort liability will bankrupt you with the first suit.

15 Likes

Shit… ordering some to try now that you’ve piqued my interest

4 Likes

If you buy it pure…and dab it pure…do not be surprised if it takes a day or two
to clear your head.
I think a lot of it is mixed 5% with something else.??

good luck

1 Like

It’s yust another spice and thankfully way overpriced at 60k a kg
Still beeing sprayed on flowers as we speak in Swiss and defenatly not well distributed on the biomass with the tech used
Accidents will occurred question is yust when
Thx to it s high price those working with it use it scarcely Wich is the only positive thing

5 Likes

Stop trying to make me anticipate it more

1 Like

I remember back before I could score acid asking someone if they were afraid of flashbacks. He said ‘oh, you mean a free trip?’

I loved that philosophy so much I’ve lived my life by it. Lmao.

2 Likes

To those in the trade of thcp
Be aware that the hplc retention peak is identical /extremely close to jwh 018
Wich is illegal in most country s
And by the time you have been able to convince the officer that it s not jwh
Months might have gone by

11 Likes

And vice versa make sure your not buying liters of JWH-18 that are being misidentified as THCp :shushing_face:

12 Likes

Thcp isnt real

3 Likes

Is that seriously happening? I didn’t think JWH-18 was even around anymore. I remember stupidity doing that shit when I was young and dumb. I had a friend who would order it straight from china in powder form. From my understanding China banned it and it’s extremely rare now. China is still producing many other synthetic cannabinoids such as NM-2201, AM-2001, THJ-2001, AB-FUB and many more. I always wonder where all the synthetic from china end up because I haven’t seen or heard of anyone using anything like spice or k2 in many years. They clearly have a high demand for synthetics or china wouldn’t be producing so many at the rate they produce synthetics at. I just wonder where all of it ends up!

2 Likes

Europe

9 Likes

They end up sprayed on hemp in Europe and sold as regular weed

7 Likes

Yep the 1986 amendment to the control substance act covers all analogs, and if you think you can somehow bypass it, you’re going to end up in “Club Fed” asking people to send you money for commissary. (As a point of interest- it was specifically brought about because in 1984 MDMA became illegal so people started making MDEA, MMMA, MMEA, etc etc and so the DEA in 1986 closed that loophole)

And yet d8, d10, THC-O, etc. etc. etc.

3 Likes