Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol (Thc-P) Novel cannabinoids found in Cannabis- 7x more potent then d9THC

A novel phytocannabinoid isolated from Cannabis sativa L. with an in vivo cannabimimetic activity higher than Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol: Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol

cinzia citti1,2,3,6, Pasquale Linciano3,6, Fabiana Russo3, Livio Luongo4, Monica iannotta4, Sabatino Maione4, Aldo Laganà2,5, Anna Laura capriotti5, Flavio forni3,
Maria Angela Vandelli3, Giuseppe Gigli2 & Giuseppe cannazza 2,3*

(-)-Trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) is the main compound responsible for the intoxicant activity of Cannabis sativa L. The length of the side alkyl chain influences the biological activity
of this cannabinoid. In particular, synthetic analogues of Δ9-tHc with a longer side chain have
shown cannabimimetic properties far higher than Δ9-THC itself. In the attempt to define the phytocannabinoids profile that characterizes a medicinal cannabis variety, a new phytocannabinoid with the same structure of Δ9-THC but with a seven-term alkyl side chain was identified. The natural compound was isolated and fully characterized and its stereochemical configuration was assigned by match with the same compound obtained by a stereoselective synthesis. This new phytocannabinoid has been called (-)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol (Δ9-tHcp). Along with Δ9-THCP, the corresponding cannabidiol (cBD) homolog with seven-term side alkyl chain (cBDp) was also isolated and unambiguously identified by match with its synthetic counterpart. The binding activity of Δ9-tHcp against human CB1 receptor in vitro (Ki = 1.2 nM) resulted similar to that of CP55940 (Ki = 0.9 nM), a potent full CB1 agonist. In the cannabinoid tetrad pharmacological test, Δ9-THCP induced hypomotility, analgesia, catalepsy and decreased rectal temperature indicating a THC-like cannabimimetic activity. The presence of this new phytocannabinoid could account for the pharmacological properties of some cannabis varieties difficult to explain by the presence of the sole Δ9-tHc.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56785-1.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0iHYWBfvEcuELOtAETfdz0wG5FtBurMleynhMxEyXfhCH9FQE2Gy5oeBE

30 Likes

tHcp sounds interesting.
Gotta wonder about its vapor pressure which is probably lower than tHc.
Does it go overhead or end up in the tails when you distill?

3 Likes

More carbons would suggest after THC And CBD

7 Likes

new excuse for chasing tail :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Alright so who’s going to make it lol

3 Likes

Knew I should have kept all those tails !:wink:

1 Like

Synth route is reported in the paper

4 Likes

I’d pay out the ass for a cannabinoid 7x as strong as THC that wont make me eat someone’s face.

21 Likes

D8 to d9 87% yield

That’s something worth investigating too

That’s a high yield starting from cbd

16 Likes

Like I needed any more excuses to do that, when in Rome…

3 Likes

Thanks for constantly reminding me not to be so serious hahaha. Best comments come from you , daily.

3 Likes

The guy @smokemeoutbruh on instagram mentioned that pathway for conversion on a comment thread a few months ago actually , been meaning to try it.

1 Like

i don’t really wanna know what dabbing this stuff would be like. My experience with full agonist cannabinoids when i was younger makes me believe this would not be fun

3 Likes

I do… for science… yeah… for science.

12 Likes

His method is hcl then NaH, this is Zncl with however you say that base

Hmm I’ll have to look but I remember someone mentioning it , thought it was him

So if I’m reading this right, these guys analyzed a more potent synthetic analogue of D9, then found it occuring naturally in the plant? And then the same with CBD? Seems like the amounts of naturally occuring Δ9-THCP would be marginal. Almost not even worth it?

hypomotility, analgesia, catalepsy and decreased rectal temperature

So it basically gives you Hyper-Couchlock/knocks your ass out, and drops your body temp?? Wow that’s a whole new level of faded.

7 Likes

currently. at least where we’ve looked. which is apparently a single strain so far.

didn’t used to find a whole lot of CBD, or CBG, or THCV…

a little ems pollen mutagenesis could go a long way to solving that

6 Likes

Amazing what you find when you look…

1 Like

THCP (computationally) bound to the human CB1 receptor

looks to me like the right branched tail would fit nicely in here too…:thinking:

chances are that work is already in the data-dump and I’m late to the game by 20 years.

8 Likes