Splatter/Shattered Platter Purpose?

True, but the bottom valve is good for other things besides soaking. I was just pointing that out.

3 Likes

Oh I know homie. I just feel like thatā€™s for more advanced extractions. Let the OP get some successful runs under his belt then go expand. Some of these people need to walk before they run.

I just feel these people are using their ā€œjacketedā€ columns wrong. Then they see the valve and think itā€™s a good idea to close and soak. Then wonder why they have brown extracts and ran a ā€œdewaxingā€ material column.

Iā€™m just trying to simplify it for him.

6 Likes

and I appreciate it a lot thank you

ā€œdrain port, drain portā€
i cant hear you!!
ā€œDRAIN PORT, DRAIN PORTā€

for real tho, any machine that requires any more disassembly in-process than exchanging a material sock is detrimental to safety, your back, the clock, and your wallet

5 Likes

Iā€™m with you on the drain valve, CIP, and streamlined workflow. Iā€™m not sold on the socksā€¦

My experience with socks was that biomass loading was reduced by 50% or so. ie loading 4-5lb in a 6x48 rather than 8-10lb.

They make loading and unloading a breeze, but surely they donā€™t save enough time to make up for the yield loss on each run?

Just ordered the high pressure clamps. What is a true dewaxing setup?

2 Likes

The 1.5" ones from OpenSourceSteel and the 2" and 6" ones from GlacierTanks.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a picture of my setup. This is a true single solvent dewaxing extractor. There are tons on the market. Every single extractor company offers some form of this whether on a rack or inline like I have it.

You can see I can chill my material. Dump the butane/oil mixture into that middle chamber which is MATCHED to the amount of solvent I run. That middle chamber holds 6.5lbs of solvent at 80%. I leave the butane/oil mixture in that middle chamber for 2 hours or so. There is absolutely no material in there. Just butane/oil! After 2 hours of letting all the waxes coagulate in -65c. I then dump the mixture in my collection for recovery.

This is just my personal extractor. I seen @Cryo13 extractor and his is practically the same but rack mounted. Itā€™s all the same concept. Just different layout.

Mine is a hodgepodge of parts. I can run this extractor 2 ways. One way like the picture. This is a 1lb dewaxing extractor. BUT since my base is 10ā€. When I want to run a bit faster or the material doesnā€™t need dewaxing. I just run a 4x24ā€ jacketed spool directly to the collection. And run the appropriate amount of solvent for 2.5lb runs.

6 Likes

What size is the middle chamber 6"?

No 10". So when I want to do a true dewaxing I want a middle dewaxing column that can safely match the amount of solvent being passed thru the first columnā€¦ So basically if I were to mimic the middle setup of yours I would want a 6Ɨ6 jacketed column.

1 Like

6x12 plus the 1.5ā€x6ā€ on the bottom above the valve. And yes your going to want a 6x6 dewaxing chamber of you using less than 3lbs of gas.

3 Likes

Thank youā€‹:blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

So it sounds like for the mean timeā€¦
Use the high pressure clamps,
Drop all sight glassā€¦
And valve

Use dewax material column and only itā€¦
Blast FAST and COLD!!!
If you do this and no soak u can get pretty dang close! Just make sure u wait 30mim to reach temp and keep dry ice full!

Donā€™t run that any other way than @Killa12345 trying to show you if your trying to Inline Dewaxā€¦ Donā€™t wanna get hurtā€¦
No reason to do all that when that system set up right will achieve very very clear terps and stones!

BTW we all make mistakesā€¦I think @Killa12345 fixed me about 5x already!!!

3 Likes

Could you use a pretty assembled 6Ɨ6 closed loop lid as an end cap for the 6Ɨ6 jacketed column? To give it a pressure reading and a purge port so afterwards you could recover butane left iver from the 6Ɨ6 dewaxing column or would that not be worth it/safe. https://www.hardwarefactorystore.com/extractor-lid-for-6-tank/

U need hemispherical lids for inline dewaxer

Soā€¦Hemispherical Tri Clamp Standard Lid

Not for Inline Dewax noā€¦

BTW might wanna talk to @Killa12345
ā€¦ If your looking to build, might be worth it

Thank You.

To be honest one more timeā€¦
You really should just try running without ur non Jacket column, pack your jacket column w materialā€¦ Go straight into collection, pack everything w dry iceā€¦ Blast fast and cold no soakā€¦ Instead spending anything!

After guidance by these guys I think I can take cls and get pretty damn close without the inline!

.and simple coil to chill solvent can get you freaking close as thatā€™s gonna do IMO ā€¦or nitro pushing cryo solventā€¦
remember I said CLOSEā€¦so close I donā€™t think the EYE can tell

2 Likes

I have a 1x36 dewaxing spool, I did a freeze and ran it straight thru and did a warm water recovery and it was probably the most yellow batch I ever had. I upgraded to 2" to reduce the amount of dry ice needed. I actually have yet to even use the 2" dewaxing column I have yet so Iā€™m going to try it out next week and Iā€™ll post pics after.

1 Like