Splatter/Shattered Platter Purpose?

You could use that lid no problem. But only as a lid not as a botttom end cap on a dewaxer. You want to have some type of set up of separate stages of filters as end caps to not clog your flow. You can do this using reducers to save money and when you get down to the size that connects to your collection lid just add a clamp . For example 6x4 reducer with 200 micron then 4x3 100 micron then 3x2 50 micron then 2x(whatever size you need) 1 micron . But then again the lower the micron it can get harder to have optimal flow so you might want to not run so low

Also only way to have proper dewax set up is to have a rack mounted set up. You can build one using 20/20 aluminum for the low sub $100 if you buy scrap pieces and are crafty. If you keep stacking things it’s going to be two stories high no joke. Been there done that made me feel like a clown keep on stacking tubes filled with butane hoping it didn’t tip over or something. Your dewax chamber needs to be same volume as your collection chamber unless your running multiple strains and beasting it with one collection chamber and a valve fuck the platter! Isn’t that what everyone is doing in 2018 :joy: squirt some in jars some in parchment for slabs some in Pyrex. Squirt it all over the place :joy::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

While I think you have given some great advice to the OP I think there is also some misleading information here.

In my experiences, it’s not soaking or running a constant shower that determines the darkness or color of your extract. This is simply determined by the starting material, and its harvest time. Trichomes will start out clear when they are premature and as they ripen they begin to first go milky white, then as they hit that perfect harvest time around 50% of them will have golden brown markings, if harvested at this time you will always get a perfectly golden extract. Now If you let the plant go past this “perfect harvest date” the trichomes get darker and darker, producing a darker extract.

1 Like

and im misleading people?..

So let me just get this right…No other factors contribute to a dark concentrate other than the harvest date?

WOW!!.. I got a tank of gas here that has moisture in it…Can you make a perfectly gold extract with that? I got some “perfectly harvest date” weed here that was stored improperly. How about you make that golden for me?

Hold on…so all these people telling me i can soak my material column for 2 hour are correct and i can have butane in contact with the material for 2 hours and isnt gonna pick up any more chlorophyll than just running threw fast and cold? Thats another one. Im guessing you dont need dry ice or anything since the temperature of the solvent mean nothing either.

And im misguiding the people here?

While harvest date has a part to do with the outcome its by far not the only contributing factor to making a golden concentrate. There are sooo many factors and each one if not done properly will negatively effect the outcome.

2 Likes

haha. hostile? they were simple questions…you didnt ruffle my feathers. I dont get paid for this. Id love to hear your experience. Please dont go anywhere.

hmmmm. look at your post. “keyboard warrior” “throwing shade bullshit” but ok i can take an insult or 2.

ok, lets just agree to disagree. I do like 100% solidified truth.

Why leave now. You made one post of with an “absolute” claim “only contributing factor is harvest date” which in your second post you refuted your first post. But still you want to deal in absolutes like “100% solidified truth” OK.

Can you share your data? im interested. honestly. Why the insults “keyboard warrior”? I didnt insult you. I just asked some simple questions and added my take. Why are you getting so mad?

Can we start over??? Please post some data to show some of us. I have an open mind. I came here with a total open mind. Ive changed my whole oven tek due to this forum. I winterize and dewax a whole different way now thanks to this forum. Actually most of the stuff i do is different since Feb thanks to the forum. I have a totally open mind.

please teach on…ill keep my hand down till the end of the presentation :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Man I hate to say it buddy … But he never attacked u…u did come off a lil wrong

An if the same thread wasn’t made over and over they would get all the same info…

Bc harvest times is one the first things normally brought up…

BUT the op is new
Not everyone can keep there entire system at cryogenic temps, which is the key to that long or soak…just seems like your making It complicated…

If the op does a fast and cold run to ensure that it’s NOT the material then he would know which way to go…bc like I said once again…are we there to make sure that soak is at proper temps…bc yes you’ll get golden extraction… But you WILL start to pick up undesirables… Don’t get mad just bc we said u’ll get SMALL amounts wax soaking… Do back to back… One will be slightly more pure

I’m thinking you kind a took all this the wrong way if you ask me bc @Killa12345 one of the more open minded, but at some point it’s no longer about open mind and about cold hard facts

Do you know how many times all us have been helped?

And the more I think about really, it’ll all depends on what u want the end product to be… Shatter you’ll be fine w cryo soak.
Clear thca w clear golden THIN really thin, terps…fast and cryo cold

Most ppl around here want the PUREST though… Which is clear thca n clear golden THIN terps…

BTW I think you take the time to remember, this art is being perfected here… These guys are Jedi knights!

Welcome to the fold! Hold on for the ride! It’s ok you’ll get some bumps here BUT I promise you… this ain’t your average FORUM

If someone disagree here, it’s usually BC they are trying to HELP you, not be mean or degrading, watch how you say things an respect everyone and you’ll get it back plus all the help and knowledge you can take in…
Guess only depends on if U can be OPEN MINDED with us…

I come here…WAS A SOAKER!

PROOF in PUDDING!!! They didn’t correct me, they helped me!!!

I’m kinda person have to try everything an see for myself…so I did! I no longer soak!..but this is all in the aspect in trying to achieve diamonds, clear thca w clear golden pourable terpenes…

Good luck buddy and I hope you come back! So much to gain here!

2 Likes

Went back into my Beyond the Buds book and it states the same thing. The longer you soak the more you pick up.

In my experience. If you have 3 different strains each will produce a diferent extract. Now if you start manipulating your variables you can achieve what your looking for usually from any strain. Sometimes your situation doesn’t allow you to control every variable so unfortunately strain must be the top contributing factor into what makes the color of the extract. Sometimes even harvest time can not be done on the day wanted for a numerous amount of reasons same goes for storage. Some strains can be put through late harvest and improper storage and make some fire all the time. Some have a very fine line if the extract starts to Amber or darken up. Even flowers coming from same grower . Stored and harvested exact time and method

1 Like

On my end i just want my sheet of shatter clear enough for me to look thru it.

Also some thing I have found out is splatter platters are not necessary unless you love taking videos of your pour outs. Dewaxing helps on some strains and on some there is no fats that are filtered . So that strain can be ran cold and fast and no need to dewax. Others are a must or they will be harsh when you smoke it. What helps on improving appearance more than dewax is just running the solvent cold instead of trying to freeze it out cuz idk color can freeze correct me if I am wrong

1 Like

Do you always run the same strain or it’s always different? Is it from a grower or broker? Are you growing it yourself?

Use N butane , and blast at -30c- -55c… Fast and cold

Diamond runs go even colder! And use blended to help!

THEY CAME IN !!!

3 Likes

Just waiting on the stainless fittings so I can re-attach the gauge and vacuum/purge port.

1 Like

Did you get a high pressure clamp to replace the low pressure triclamp between the column and the collection pot?

2 Likes

Those should be in tomorrow.

3 Likes

Well they came in today!!

2 Likes

Rock on wayne!

1 Like

now im gonna bother @GroovyOctopusLabs to get on with the show already…joking man. Glad to see your getting it under control

You have a torque wrench? Thats the best way to be consistant, and the best way to preserve your gaskets/human life.

2 Likes