sintered disc fail

Only got around 6 runs through this guy. This happened at 60psi. Never had it above 90. Distributor recommends 80-100psi.

fml

3 Likes

Who made it

4 Likes

Who’s the manufacturer? Looks like it wasn’t sufficiently sintered during that process. I’m curious how testing is done to verify the rigidity and filtration grade?

3 Likes

The reason I didn’t name them is because I gonna give them a chance to make it right. My buddy has 6 of these and none have failed yet.

Just wanted to hear what yall thought about it before I talk to them.

Thanks for the replies

1 Like

If it is who I think it is (n?), I have two as well. Haven’t had any issues and I’m sure they’ll make it right because it’s definitely an error in manufacturing.

1 Like

$5 and a cake bet…
Whoever that sold them wasnt the manufacturer.
Looks Chinese

3 Likes

Dude that’s bad.

Glad you’re okay

5 Likes

History does in fact repeat itself, usually.

5 Likes

But did it spark

9 Likes

But did you die?

No

Than were good

10 Likes

I kinda hope it was boler.

If it’s not u probably got lucky bc they only one honest vendor here. And we all know who he is

4 Likes

Second time running mine from Boler and it looks like it’s starting to bend. What’s crazy is I’m running Cold Ethanol at 60-80 Psi without packed media :unamused: Really hoping it doesn’t blow out, but it’s better than the BVV one the client had :see_no_evil:

Why wouldn’t he be ok? Worst case in this scenario is his media entered collection and tainted the run.

1 Like

@midsfactory the solution is to buy these sintered disks next time

4 Likes

And has hands down best customer service,!!!

1 Like

This definitely looks like an poorly made stack regardless , doesn’t look like any of the N.B Oiler ones I have , I have hundreds of runs over my stacks from him and never ran into any issues , I own 5 of his 1U stacks , they’re pricey but you get what you pay for…

1 Like

I get your giving them a chace. But do you really want one of your fellow extractors to get one and it break since we didnt know who makes the bad filters? God forbid it creates a spark…

I feel for safety sake the vendor NEEDS to be said.

3 Likes

Regardless, if one breaks doesn’t mean they all bad.

I doubt it’s Killa or soxhlet… Pretty sure those have support bracket behind the disk. I don’t see one on this one

4 Likes

Def not a killa. Looks nothing like mine i got from him

1 Like

Yeah or soxhlet indofab

5 Likes