sintered disc fail

And im not saying they are all bad. But wouldnt you want to know this information of you were in the market of buying one? I wouldnt buy a disc without the support after seeing this and the boler thread

6 Likes

I was kinda still defending killa or soxhlet if was them atm

Now that I’m about 99.9% it’s not them. Have at em now lmao

3 Likes

Ive been pretty keen on who is slanging these discs. I got killas first one. Im assuming its a alibaba special. It looks exactly like it.
If not bolers

2 Likes

Can people please stop using Chinese knockoffs and promoting them :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

They cost about $50-75 a piece and companies are selling them for $300-800
You’re a moron if u buy one.
You also stop the creative flow. The Chinese don’t invent shit, add to the industry or advance cannabis. And companies like Xtract… and “” and I don’t wanna say names lmao but hey we all know the Walmart and Harbor Freight tools

It’s like selling McDonald’s burgers labeled as grass fed Maui beef.
It’s not
It’s cheap because it’s shit.
If you buy your stuff from most of these online vendors that stock China parts you’re not being OG

Do you use jack stands from the dollar store lol idk man some people actually work on cars with shit tools but wait till they fail at the worse time :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

If you showed up to work on lambos and rolls Royce’s with a set of harbor freight…just wouldn’t happen.
Practice on the cheap shit if you need to, and then donate it and give it away to the next dude that has no clue what they are doing.
Harbor freight tools are for practice or one time trash not making medicine for people.

Trap house medicine that is done for yields and profits is the worst and most pathetic side of this industry that should vanish IMO. I’m guessing if you pull short cuts everywhere you won’t give a shit if you fail a test for residuals or heavy metals pesticides in fact, probably won’t even get it tested.
Let’s try and promote each other to level up and do better.

GOOD HASH
GOOD FOOD
GOOD PEOPLE

Thank god the grow community has phased out the Pepsi cola and raid weed folks with that shit bammer

BE BETTER

11 Likes

If you buy your stuff from most of these online vendors that stock China parts you’re not being OG

be an og???

if you showed up to work on lambos and rolls royces with harbor freight tools and you get it done fast, efficient, and correctly —- thats triple og :rofl:

That’s pretty braisen statement considering most American companies sell Chinese stock

My rig is most likely Chinese steel. And it’s built better than some American. But I’m not saying all Chinese is good. Just some arent bad either.

If you know your source then it’s completely fine having Chinese steel.

Not everyone can afford the green tax or have a boss where your not spending your money anyways

8 Likes

i was a master technician for bmw for 10 years, first day i rolled in my toolbox (fancy snap on tool box), my shop foreman said that my fancy box and tools dont mean shit

14 Likes

That’s also true

Here’s a real
Life story for you:

Beekeeping on Hawaii is special. The honey is very rare and amazing…because of The varieties ie kiawe flowers etc.
the hives were under attack from the small hive beetle…colony collapse etc.
Beekeepers got together, honey prices were healthy and real Hawaiian honey was beginning to be circulated and used even in the local and non local restaurants.
This was great because the bees bbenefitted. Beekeeers could sell their honey at a fair market price and they could afford to live and grow their hives.
Soon after, opportunist fellows started importing Chinese honey which Is cut with fructose etc.
It’s not even all real honey, but it’s incredibly sweet.
One of these guys even cut it with 50% real Hawaiian honey.
They slashed prices, took all the accounts and quickly started to put the real beekeepers out of business.
Consumers lost because they no longer were consuming Hawaiian honey pure good top grade.
The bees suffered because beekeepers had to either get other jobs or focus their now lack of resources on other priorities than expanding or tending to their bees.
The local Ag suffered because of less pollinators.
Less fruit etc .
The ferral pigs had less papaya and mango so even the kalua pig didn’t taste as good becauee they weren’t getting fat on the fruits.
The only people that prospered were the rip off scammers.

Nature suffered, artists suffered…nothing was made better.

Ya you’re right
Talk shit
What I said was ridiculous
In fact, let’s just sell lead that’s coated in stainless lol
We can get the prices down to $15 a filter samurai

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa
That’s Yale level MBA economics you guys are brilliant

And every welder and mechanic knows you’re tools don’t mean shit
But there’s also the level of respect for your craft that you wouldn’t choose to use shit tools that can damage the work
Maybe the mechanic example wasn’t the best example
So let me know what brand you make so I’ll be sure not to buy any extracts so I don’t get sick

That’s why i already addresses the “have to” vs “want to” sceneriaro —- if u have to buy cheap equipment, upgrade and give away to the next broke guy.
But maybe I’m crazy and I think local beekeepers are more important that money sharks :shark:
Call me crazy

7 Likes

They obviously didn’t advertise “fake cut Chinese honey”

They had “real Hawaiian local honey” on their labels.
Lol :man_facepalming: Donkeys

I was definitely only addressing 1) Pirating
And 2) poorly made equipment

No one was blanket statements on other countries.
Or any other random nonsense

Who knows, maybe even Russia made a really good car?! I have no idea.

Feel bad for the guy with the blown out filter
Also, I think there’s many members and people on this site unaware of numbers 1&2.
There has also been some, in my opinion, incorrect economic statements about the benefit of pirating etc
At the end of the day, people will have bad experiences with certain brands and manufacturing practices and make the best future decision.
Lacking information is however an issue. Just like when consumers think they are buying Hawaiian honey but instead buy fake honey which in turn actually negatively impacted the actual honey bees of Hawaii
The feral bees were at the most risk of collapse from threat sĂł my data Is not incorrect in what I am saying.
So that’s why I feel compelled to say something.

Maybe someone will appreciate that maybe not

1 Like

Nobody asked for your help… U smoking something else in that pipe sheesh

4 Likes

I don’t see a backup support for that thin little disk.

3 Likes

We all get you’re against the Chinese filters, what crc do you recommend?

Please let us know what usa made filter, with non Chinese steel,we are supposed to be buying.

Because I’ve seen you use this argument before, so let’s go the opposite route, tell us what to use, not what to avoid…

4 Likes

I like Chinese glass. it’s like harbor freight tools. Get the cheap tool, try it out before getting a good one, don’t whine if it breaks… or implodes like this shit 20l buchner did. thankfully just some tears over spilt milk, but hey that’s what r&d is all about.

4 Likes

Not necessarily?

One dude had one of these break and spark on him

With a blow out like that I’m surprised the thing didnt come apart

So yea I’m glad hes okay

Glad you think a blow out like that isnt a big deal

2 Likes

Finally, something you can rely on.

1 Like

Ya I would assume the only reason this didn’t explode was the upper limit of saturation - wasn’t enough oxygen for it to go boom. That would have been really bad.
Maybe guys need to switch to HFC 134a if it’s r&d or using r&d parts.

But in all seriousness, we should probably just do a test across the board and Rate the field.

Makes sense

2 Likes

Those are the size of a 5gallon bucket

Think about the mechanics of what’s going on if it’s starting to bend. It’s designed for a certain pressure limit, for a particular process that involves packed media, right? The packed media adds filter depth and spreads the load across the disc. If you’re pushing pressure through a partially clogged thin disk the load is going to be very different. Add some neutral media to add a little filter depth and I think it’ll help you prevent a failure.

4 Likes

this is why supported discs exist.
sintered plates are super brittle.

5 Likes