Before you buy N. Boler

Hello everyone,
I am just now buying my color remediation column and was pricing out the buildout. Out of suggestions of a friend and many of people in this community, it was suggested that I try nboler. I was a little concerned at the price point, but was convinced to try them out.
Within 24 hours, I found a full buildout for less the price of the two nboler filters. I sent him a polite email, telling him this and that I would like to cancel my order which I placed yesterday (Sunday).
He sent me a message saying that I was being charged 10 percent on my order. It wasn’t picked up, it wasn’t shipped and I sent it at 8am Monday morning. I don’t feel like I should of been charged and plan on disputing. That being said, I wish I had known before purchasing this product, so here is a warning to everyone else.
I hope y’all have a great week

2 Likes

Is what ever you made a custom made part? If so I see why he would charge you if he already started the build

3 Likes

Sad but more interesting is where you find the cheaper parts :grin:

4 Likes

Nope. Two standard 6 inch filter plates off of his website.

2 Likes

Where did you find these parts for cheaper that are still american made ?

1 Like

Easy way to make $$$ for doing nothing it seems. It’s one of the oldest tricks in the book. The old “restocking fee”.

9 Likes

I believe he is a GLG vendor so maybe @future4200 can assist?

3 Likes

It seems he is the cheapest option for Food Grade, Pressure Rated Diamond Miners. I’d also be interested in the cheaper option you found if they also are food grade and have engineer certified pressure ratings.

1 Like

The old 200 dollars of labor to put two 6 inch filters back on the shelf.

4 Likes

Where did you get the cheaper option? Made in USA?

It was not made in the us but something that fit my budget better. I don’t run super high psi as I designed my system for thoroughput.

1 Like

Good things agent cheap, cheap things aren’t good.

That sucks about the restocking fee, thou.

I love nboler’s work. But, even his discs are on the cheap side of custom work for quality sintered discs.

4 Likes

Does the website have you agree to terms before you make a purchase?

I couldn’t find anything about a 10% restocking fee on the website. Or any general terms and conditions.

If they have that policy, they need to make the purchaser aware of it, and agree to it before the sale takes place.

7 Likes

Very True. Hidden Fees and Charges aren’t a good way to keep customers.

2 Likes

you cant just make up a fee because the customer wants to cancel the order

consumers have rights too and canceling an order 24 hours after it was made is not a mortal sin

I would talk to whoever you placed the order thru, hopefully a credit card company. Because they will do what is right

http://www.consumerprotectionlawfirms.com/resources/consumer-protection/consumer-complaints/illegal-restocking-fees.htm

4 Likes

I’m not saying I found something superior, American made or certified. I just found something at 80 percent off that is 80 percent as good. Why buy one cintered disk when I can buy 5 for same price? Especially on my first crc where I am still learning my ratios/tech.
I am not even saying nboler doesn’t do good work. I just know that they lost me and my future business.

3 Likes

Hi guys,
I’m a design engineer for NBOler, I wanted to get the opportunity to jump in on our side.
Scotty, I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us, and that you also didn’t get a chance to use our product. (double loss there) It was good chatting with you on the phone regarding this, and I’m sorry you feel our re-stocking fee is un-warranted.

Our re-stocking fee (and we have posted it on our site since this incident made us aware it was lacking, I’m sorry about that) is based on our own fees incurred, and our time, not profit. We’re charged a 3% transaction fee when you purchase anything with us via credit card (bummer, but not that many people pay via ACH… or cash), we were charged a 3% transaction fee to refund the transaction via QBO (that fee I believe you’re aware of), and in the time between when Scott ordered the product Saturday and when he contacted us on Monday, Nate boxed the items up for shipment and made them ready for shipment.

We’re not making a profit off this return, but I also don’t feel we should lose money if you decide to order from a different company. You didn’t get a high pressure rated filter setup from us, we didn’t make money (the CC companies made out best on this), and no one is really stoked.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you can appreciate the cause of a re-stocking fee. Feel free to DM me, or e-mail, if you have questions.

23 Likes

Professional courteous response.
And if you place a custom order for anything, I would expect a lot more restocking fee, plus a disrespect fee(it’s custom, and you went for cheaper shit that for your budget
So your convenience matters, but the custom fabricators convenience time energy and livelihood don’t?
Yeah, I would have taken that as disrespect, and given YOU the 10%

4 Likes

What did you find that was cheaper

1 Like

5 Likes