Round Bottom Base VS Flat Bottom Base for Diamond Mining?

I got these Sweaters for cleaning rocks if you need any after you crash em big :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Is it a 5 pack of xl big and tall men’s sweaters that say good job groovy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bumping

1 Like

Pressure isn’t needed to grow diamonds. Pressure is a byproduct, of the saturation point, of the solvent we chose.

Edit: I hadn’t read further, carry on.

7 Likes

So because I’m thinking of building a pot still (no pun intended) for rso and eho, nothing to do with diamonds (for now :octopus:), I was like oh shit I might want a temperature gauge for that.

It made me wonder: are there good stainless NPT temperature gauges that people use for their pressure vessel miners so you can measure the internal temperature for their pressure vessel miners and closed loop collection lids in junction with a compound gauge?

You can use the pressure to determine the temperature of the solvent. 32F/0C equals 0 psi and 120F/48.8C equals about 60 psi. Around 20-25psi you’re around 70F/21C

4 Likes

For n butane this is true but if it’s got any iso butane or propane u need to be about -40 for 0psi

2 Likes

What’s a lb ur trim make…if it’s only an oz or 2 it’s still barely enough to cover the bottom w 3 runs… u want some depth in the oil bc towards the end it’s growing in terpy solution w less tane. Just trying to make u think about the whole concept and what it takes to fill a 6" diamond miner

1 Like

That’s only if the only solvent in there was butane. We have a cocktail of hydrocarbons in there with the oil mixed with it which would change the boiling point I’m sure

2 Likes

54% Butane n- {F+;R12} {EINECS No. 203-448-7}/ 24% Isobutane {F+;R12} {EINECS No. 200-857-2}/ 22% Propane {F+;R12} {EINECS No. 200-827-9}

Whip-It Premium

1 Like

Why not just order a 20lb tank

2 Likes

For sure. Yeah the numbers I’m talking are 100% n-butane
But depending on co-solvents used one could make some approximate assumptions.

1 Like

no. NPT sucks: Switching from NPT to Compression Fittings

so there cannot possibly be a GOOD NPT solution (@RockSteady disagrees on that one).

see: Any Way to Measure Actual Inline Solvent Temp? for previous discussion on the subject

2 Likes

true.

if you’re trying to convey that information to others, it is FAR more useful with pointers to the actual data… via engineeringtoolbox.com

…and once you’ve got hash in it and start evaporating solvent, those numbers above go out the window. so having a thermocouple in there is informative. especially in the case of a miner where the hash to solvent ratio is in the 1:1 or less range

6 Likes

On a very basic level, a flat bottom is harder to scrape clean and you’ll lose more sauce to transfer losses.

A rounded bottom will let you tilt and visualize the stones better.

I’ve been told the rounded bottom is better for even heat transfer, but have no proof.

At my work, we’re growing nice stones in a flat bottomed miner that we are playing with. So, it’s not like it won’t work.

I think the advice about matching miner size to batch size is prudent. It takes about a 5 pound cured run to be worthwhile in the 6" miner we have.

1 Like

2" tall platter 6" dia

Edit: I plan on getting the 6"to 4" hemispherical reducer :octopus::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Link to lid

Was $159.38 total.

I think the male ports on this lid is 3/8 not 1/2 but I could be wrong they look too big to be 3/8… But I’m not a usual user of 3/8 I think I can match it up with a part later and find out for everyone.

Either way a lid is a lid to me for this miner and I’m gonna mod it anyways…

Not a bad deal tho

Gonna test out this knob style one when it comes in.

My all time favorite style of prv.

$17.49 / each

1 Like

Ayyyyy :octopus:

Fuck yeah!!! This is what adjustable prv’s should be like!!!

My autism is going nuts over how cool it is.

5 Likes
  • I’ve put my plans on mining diamonds on hold this year until medusa leaves
2 Likes