Round Bottom Base VS Flat Bottom Base for Diamond Mining?

What are the Pros and Cons for using a Flat Bottom Base vs a Round Bottom Base for Mining in a Pressure Vessel?

I prefer people who have experience using pressure vessels to mine for answers but all are welcome

Round

7 Likes

Care to further elaborate as to why?

It distributes the pressure more evenly.

2 Likes

That’s perfect news for me :octopus::clap:t2::man_shrugging:t2: I have a round Bottom 6"platter that I planned on using for the upcoming miner build. I accidentally ordered the wrong platter from OSS a while back and for the past few years I’ve been using the 6" round Bottom platter I have as an evaporation surface for eho and rso.

I’m glad it’s the better option for miners. I CAN NOT WAIT TO START MINING!!! I FEEL SO NEXT LEVEL!!!

1 Like

Something ut not thinking about… Unless u put jars (for a taller more depth of oil)inside the miner a 6" miner takes about lb extract just to even come up in depth any

The scale ur on 4inch or 3inxh would be more ideal bc the depth of the oil really helps for crashing things ti the bottom…

And 2oz oil on 6in base didn’t even cover the bottom barely

4 Likes

But if you’re doing a cold crash, wouldn’t a 6" miner help?

Either way I’m just not trying to blow myself up making diamonds so I’m making this miner.

I think a flat bottom has a more stable solution by being flat as opposed to the round one. The round one seems to always pump out some nice facets right in the middle where it drops. That facet usually helps crystallize everything else nicely. It seems as if the thca concentrates in the bottom of the miner after a day of settling and the curve of the miners bottom creates an imbalance which promotes nucleation or a mono diamond to start stacking.

6 Likes

I’m convinced.

6 Likes

Lol thank you for the trust @Sidco_Cat :heart:

Here’s a better visual into what I’m trying to say. Let’s imagine we’re looking inside this miner here:

Now if the bottom was flat, you would have the thca settling down and picking different nucleation sites as it settles more concentrated in some areas.

If the bottom of the miner is round, it pushes the settling thca more towards the center making it easier to start a mono or a bigger stone. When you get a nice start like that usually the rest of the miner does well throughout the rest of the crystallization

21 Likes

I’m convinced!
Great explanation @Waxplug1

3 Likes

No 6" is way to large for u ask @Killa12345 …there’s more than enough room in 4" miner for cold crashing stones and it also will give you depth for seperation

If I had 6inch miner I’d be placing jars inside w no lid

1 Like

@waxplug…how much lol u think it takes to get a 6" miner deep enough to be like jar tech but in a miner?

I was told from beginning the 6-8" ones were for big boys w several lbs oil per miner or lb oil per miner… Just trying to make other noobies realize that a small 1/2 to 1lb material run makes what 2-4oz and that will barely cover the bottom good

I’ll try it and if I fail I’ll downsize to 4"

1/4" depth on a 6" flat cylinder is 115ml
1/4" depth on a 4" flat cylinder is 51ml

7 Likes

Liquid volume with solvent still in it for cold crash or is that at the molasses consistency?

Thanks for all the answers too everyone :octopus: I’m very grateful.

1 Like

Sorry to get off topic here. I get that the pressure helps retain your terps but this diamond mining process seems reversed. Pull off and refine your terps first, then do your crystallization. That way you would capture the most terps, then use a less volatile solvent like pentane to do your crystallization without any or very little pressure. Pressure would only be needed for gaseous reactions not liquid crystallization so it doesn’t aid the process.

5 Likes

Bumping

I’ve been trying to get my clients to let me do this

…do a fast sugar crash,spin off bho terps and set aside , take dry sugar dissolve in pentane for fast large stones…then add back the bho terps!
It’s the best way to grow big diamond for me

I can do it w butane just takes longer for me

Maybe w the new cold crash Tek it won’t…I finally have more trim otw to play w I’m gonna master the cold growth growing

5 Likes

What’s funny though is, I also have a round bottom 4" splatter platter from OSS that I also accidentally ordered in the past that’s just been laying around. If the 6" miner doesn’t work out I’ll get a 6" to 4" hemispherical reducer and use the 4" but I sort of have faith in the 6" … …

1 Like