Round Bottom Base VS Flat Bottom Base for Diamond Mining?

I would use the 4”

Get a 4” hemi lid from hfs, a small 4” spool and call it a day.

1 Like

Fack. I already ordered the 6" lid and it’s coming in tomorrow… Well!!!

2 Likes

Just have to do more runs to fill it up. Not the worst problem to have as long as you have the material…

1 Like

He doesn’t run but 1/4-1lb at time of material it’s gonna take quiet a few runs of trim to make that 6 not just be a thin layer in bottom…my lb runs would barely cover the bottom

Even for cold growing stones which I think is what he’s talking about doing, the 4inch is the way to go…6imch will spread it out to much not letting the big diamonds form bc to much room without stones in it…I wish u the best and hope it works

How big is the 6"…if it’s 6x6 then add 6x6 spool and buy lid for solvent tank and you’ll have extra solvent tank…get the lid from killa

I can run 3lbs of material… Not all at once but if need be to fill a 6" miner… I can do three separate runs. As long as I have two shut offs in between the column and the collection I should be good to run more. Although it would probably be smarter to run 5lbs, wouldn’t it?

I mean I can do the 4"thing with 1lb and probably would just do that but like if I were to go with the 6" as a miner would 5lbs be the minimal I’d want to run?

1 Like

Say u upgraded ur rig?..how big is ur solvent tank now and what size material column

That 6x12 from killa isn’t enough to run 3lbs material

1 Like

True true… I’d have to look into upgrading the tank too…

I made one outta parts

6inch round bottom base I had then through spool on top ptfe envelope gaskets in middle and lid from killa for 6x12
Now I have 2 small tanks I can run around 12lbs gas enough for 2 maybe 3lbs

1 Like

Well I like 12” miners because they hold up to 7lbs but it’s hit or miss with them making a proper seal. 6” miners fit about a lb. but it’s more about the surface area. You don’t want to go too deep if you wanna go faster but deep enough to make decent size stones you know what I mean?

6 Likes

I got plenty of time to wait for larger stones. :octopus:

1 Like

I’m gonna start doing pentane stones in a glass round bottom flask

6 Likes

I got these Sweaters for cleaning rocks if you need any after you crash em big :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Is it a 5 pack of xl big and tall men’s sweaters that say good job groovy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bumping

1 Like

Pressure isn’t needed to grow diamonds. Pressure is a byproduct, of the saturation point, of the solvent we chose.

Edit: I hadn’t read further, carry on.

7 Likes

So because I’m thinking of building a pot still (no pun intended) for rso and eho, nothing to do with diamonds (for now :octopus:), I was like oh shit I might want a temperature gauge for that.

It made me wonder: are there good stainless NPT temperature gauges that people use for their pressure vessel miners so you can measure the internal temperature for their pressure vessel miners and closed loop collection lids in junction with a compound gauge?

You can use the pressure to determine the temperature of the solvent. 32F/0C equals 0 psi and 120F/48.8C equals about 60 psi. Around 20-25psi you’re around 70F/21C

4 Likes

For n butane this is true but if it’s got any iso butane or propane u need to be about -40 for 0psi

2 Likes

What’s a lb ur trim make…if it’s only an oz or 2 it’s still barely enough to cover the bottom w 3 runs… u want some depth in the oil bc towards the end it’s growing in terpy solution w less tane. Just trying to make u think about the whole concept and what it takes to fill a 6" diamond miner

1 Like

That’s only if the only solvent in there was butane. We have a cocktail of hydrocarbons in there with the oil mixed with it which would change the boiling point I’m sure

2 Likes