-Restored op- groovy shatter tek

Now that I know the purge temp for eho I think the next time do it will be incredible. I swear to god I one day said to myself “I wonder if it would be better”. It’s just … It’s unreal. I urge everyone to give it a go. literally that moment where you go, “oh shit you can do a lot with this method” is the moment I want a dm.

One thing that I still wanna try is emulsifying live resin right after extraction and washing a frozen uncured 8th of cannabis with dry ice and that emulsified live resin. I wonder if it would boost the potency of live resin while maintaining the natural terps.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out this potency boost. You aren’t changing the chemical so it shouldn’t be getting more “potent” because you are adding together two solvents. What I think is happening is your boiling off some terps and a few other things during your purging process with the etoh. Giving you a higher concentration of thc vs terpenes resulting in a different high than if you smoke it by it self. The other possibility is you are getting an entourage affect by mixing various terpenes and cannabinoids

2 Likes

Most likely

1 Like

Hi @all I did my tech but I think I used too much a.c. For my filtration. I only use cocoanut derived bella labs a.c. And Harris food grade d.e. Not celite 545. Cause of expenses. I made stuff that looked like bird poop and had the consistency of like a hollowed honeycomb. It was white like white out. Water clear during filtration here are pics.

4 Likes

@lexiiii121 is the first user ever who admitted to using my tek and got good results.

4 Likes

sweet, gimme a dab!

5 Likes

Photo Guide

between step 3 and 4 you want to shake till dissolved.

1 Like

It’s more a terp boost but I’ve yet to get a batch tested side by side too confirm it but it seems to be a cleaner more flavorful high. I believe I was too noobish to explain it coherently when I first joined. I wish I waited to drop my tek so I could’ve sounded smarter.

No comment.

5 Likes

In the name of science - why do you believe this method produces a ‘terp boost’ compared to normal BHO? Have you tried purging regular old BHO and comparing your two end products? Do you have quantitative data to validate which product has a higher total terpene content?

What temp is the ethanol when you extract the fresh nugs? Have you performed residual ethanol testing? What do you mean by emulsified? Is it not fully dissolved?

Have you considered the reason your extract tastes to good could be because there is a hint of residual ethanol left? I have done this and made some excellent tasting EHO, but never passes residual solvent testing.

Sorry for all the questions. First time I’m hearing about this method and am curious.

2 Likes

No it is and no I haven’t done testing at all for comparison but I fell off going further with this after I needed to focus on my cls build.

I’m slowly coming back to this and I think @Apothecary36 is gonna try it out and post results for everyone.

But yeah I think the terp boost is from washing nugs after doing the etoh wash to the bho. I think you’re gaining a bit of extra terps from that one step or so it’s always seemed

2 Likes

Have you run many more experiments regarding this technique?

I’m interested in replicating your results

1 Like

Well from what I’ve gathered the perfect ratio is one ounce of cannabis extracted to an 8th of cannabis to be washed.

I’ve ran the experiment many different ways. I’ve filtered before washing nugs and it wasn’t as tasty. I’ve evaporated at a higher temperature and actually got a blackened result which I still dabbed for the sake of dabbing and I called it black tar dabs lmao. Ummmm I’ve tried washing the bho with an ethanol washed mixture that’s been filtered.

The best way I’ve found is to wash the nugs with the dissolved bho mixture. Then filter once with a buchner, then a second buchner important that you do not use filter media on either rounds of filtering I’ve concluded it fucks up the results. Then evaporating at 30°c and then purging @86.6°f until purged to desired purge or until you hit ppm standards.

Post pics of your HTE made from this tek

Please.

4 Likes

Next chance I get I will. I got no starting material right now.

What are your test results and how long does it take for you to hit ppm standards?

The top photo is the product correct?

Hmm have you considered making like,

An angry birds themed dab brand?

Lol what does that mean?

I’m gonna try out the method as soon as the ethanol lands

1 Like

The photo @GroovyOctopusLabs is by his description, bird shit wax-

So many video game and cartoon themed products out there, it would be sort of cute to make an angry birds themed line of “super wax”

Just saying there is a market for this product you just might need to get creative

People eat gummy worms and gummy octopus all the time