-Restored op- groovy shatter tek

Well from what I’ve gathered the perfect ratio is one ounce of cannabis extracted to an 8th of cannabis to be washed.

I’ve ran the experiment many different ways. I’ve filtered before washing nugs and it wasn’t as tasty. I’ve evaporated at a higher temperature and actually got a blackened result which I still dabbed for the sake of dabbing and I called it black tar dabs lmao. Ummmm I’ve tried washing the bho with an ethanol washed mixture that’s been filtered.

The best way I’ve found is to wash the nugs with the dissolved bho mixture. Then filter once with a buchner, then a second buchner important that you do not use filter media on either rounds of filtering I’ve concluded it fucks up the results. Then evaporating at 30°c and then purging @86.6°f until purged to desired purge or until you hit ppm standards.

Post pics of your HTE made from this tek

Please.

4 Likes

Next chance I get I will. I got no starting material right now.

What are your test results and how long does it take for you to hit ppm standards?

The top photo is the product correct?

Hmm have you considered making like,

An angry birds themed dab brand?

Lol what does that mean?

I’m gonna try out the method as soon as the ethanol lands

1 Like

The photo @GroovyOctopusLabs is by his description, bird shit wax-

So many video game and cartoon themed products out there, it would be sort of cute to make an angry birds themed line of “super wax”

Just saying there is a market for this product you just might need to get creative

People eat gummy worms and gummy octopus all the time

So youre suggesting that the fats that are dissolved in the ethanol is actually helping to pull some more terps than ethanol would alone

1 Like

I bet you the overall terpene content is the same but I could see how this would preserve some of the other (more important) volatiles better.

2 Likes

Yea im getting pretty tired of people still stuck on calling the cannabis aroma “terps”.

1 Like

That’s why I normally say aromatic compounds/volatiles/VOC’s/essential oil/etc. Terpenes make up the bulk of the essential oil but the chemicals with the lowest odor detection threshold reign supreme. Odor activity value is the concentration x detection threshold.

4 Likes

Wait wait you misunderstand that’s not a true representation. That represents what happens when you use a.c. And d.e. . It ruins it.

If you use no filter media and just do two filtrations it’s yellow.

YES EXACTLY!!! That’s what I was trying to get at all along. Maybe there’s also the pull of natural terpenes from the whole material and there’s maybe a strong entourage effect happening from between the lipids filled mix and the fresh material.

No that’s not a true representation. That was a ruined run

I don’t see how it could help pull more. I could see it helping hold on to more during the purge…

1 Like

Another reason I thought it would be of importance to post it because I know that. Which is why im still confused if it’s pulling more terps or just retaining them or both.

Best way to retain light volatile is just not purge it
:man_shrugging:

But I struggle to believe in the concept, just due to the fact of vapor points, lower vapor point solvents will always be king in aromatic retention, simply because you don’t have to cook your material as long, and the old chemistry rule, like dissolves like.

There’s better solvents for aroma’s than ethanol. Hell Supercritical CO2 is better, really, anything less dense than etoh is better.

The thing that kills is removing it. Etoh has a vapor point and density higher than many terps…

My best throw for s*** at this wall, is simply by combining the two you may get best of both worlds, but subsequent rotovaping would make that pointless I’d figure.

But then again etoh isn’t my bag. So anyone can feel free to correct me, or break down where my logic pathway may have missed a mark.

3 Likes

Don’t use filter media! If you do you will ruin it.

1 Like

I want the bird shit dabs though.

2 Likes

I think you are into something with the angry bird dabs…

4 Likes