Finally got a nice glassy and fairly terpy shatter

I have tweaked something in every run that I’ve done. The original idea was to make clear carts, because our supply had dried up and we really enjoyed the convenience of carts.

This is a BHO of Pineapple Kush, Winterized in Food Grade Ethanol and filtered after 24 hours with a 0.22u Syringe filter. Before freezing, I employed a method told to me on this site by GroovyOctopusLabs of washing in the unfiltered ethanol solution a fresh bud of the same run.

Purged the bulk of Ethanol on light heat over the course of a few hours and took the remaining 5ml and spread it drip by drip over a non-stick mat. Left on open heat under the mat overnight. Around 20c, nothing big.

End result is hard, glassy product. Definitely terpier than my last batch which was nice for dabbing. Since light heat was used, the color was maintained. This is a photo of it whilst still on heat. I occasionally hit the top with a hair dried to spread it out further. I don’t have the use of a vac chamber at the moment.

I should mention yield was shitty this time. I had bad starting material procured from someone somewhere. 25g in 2.37 Winterized out. My filters aren’t good for oil so I suspect some yield was held back because of that.

4 Likes

You can start here. Many upon many have started with something just like this

https://shopbvv.com/products/svac-3qt-pyrex-vacuum-chamber

2 Likes

Oh I have one I just don’t have a pump as yet. Plus my heated mat decided to blow on first use :confused:

Ayyyyyy that’s my tek!!! Tell me how it goes with the terps!!!

7 Likes

Hot water from the sink.

1 Like

Yes! It was you who told me - I couldn’t find the post and I wanted to tell you how it went. It went well. It’s a much terpier product and very smooth to dab. I am refusing to decarb it because I am worried I’d compromise the taste.

In fact the Terps in this extract taste more refined and apparent in the shatter than it did as flower.

4 Likes

I’m just glad you like it. I made the tek entirely by accident, before I even knew this site existed tbh. And it was one of the first things I shared with this site. Eventually I learned the term HTE (high terpene extract) and realized my tek makes those… I’m just having a nerd moment and I’m happy someone tried it out and got good results.

I hope more people try it out and I hope someone makes diamonds with it cause they’d be tasty.

Also is the high different to you than just dabbing BHO or eho? Like isn’t it strange? I find whenever I do the tek it’s like a sideways high.

2 Likes

Harbor freight has a pump for $80-100

It was a noticeable change. I tend to the product through the process. I like to view the color and smell of the product. Once it hardened there was a definite heightened aroma. I filled a cart with it warm and the flavor was definitely there, clear and refined flavor that I am personally partial to.

Dabbing it is lovely. But I now face the issue of how do I get this in a cart without ruining the Terps. They already were smashed by Winterizing in general. First hits always there because it’s filled warm. After that, it gets too stable.

Sideways high? No, I am noticing a cleaner high. Less prone to headache and what-not. I can say it’s a more pleasurable dab for having the extra flavor. A small step that adds a lot of extra value I think it’s quite lovely. Let’s see if I can keep replicating it down the line.

1 Like