How To Properly Purge a "High Terpene Extract"

Do you rinse the bho solutions through with fresh etho after?

Bro we winterize bho in-line. I’d say anyone going for a high terpene extract most def ain’t using eho to winterize. Come on now man

2 Likes

No. You wash fresh cannabis with the bho solution.

Do you flush that through after with fresh etho after though?

1 Like

Nope just using the bho mixture to wash the cannabis.

So you dont rinse the bio after with fresh etho? Just to make sure you got the bho all out? Just clarifying

1 Like

Photo guide

Thats the old tek. I learned that way in about 2012. U would extract in butane and then purge about 80% off then pour in everclear and that would get rid of the butane then u could cook off the everclear making a cannabis “absolute”

2 Likes

Yeah but he is taking all the bho, adding it to etho and then pouring the solution over the plant matter again. It’s weird.

I hate the old way but your method seems more logical.

3 Likes

Yep, wierd af but it works every time. Filtering goes better with no filter media. Everytime I used filter media it would go colorless and chalky.

Whenever I didn’t use filter media and just did two rounds of buchner it came out yellow. First should be alien piss greenish yellow second round should give you yellow. Evap that shit at 30°c and then purge at 86.6°f until you feel it’s done and then

HTE

Thats what a $250 dvd would get u circa 2012. I still have it. Edit: “Medicinal alchemy” Some of the tek is straight heat some is meh

2 Likes

But how are you getting Better results using the ethanol than if u had used a lower BP solvent?

1 Like

Well, with outside by side comparisons we’ll never really know if my tek trumps using a cls with hydrocarbons to make a HTE.

But my tek works and if you want to try it feel free to use it.

It’s odd yeah but it works and it’s incredible.

Lol. Let’s agree to disagree. Hope hope you have a good day amigo. :call_me_hand:

Quality lies in the eyes of the beholder. If you’re happy it’s all that matters

5 Likes

All I know is I made a discovery a couple of years ago and if no one gives a shit that’s their loss. It’s out there to use and you’re all welcome to use it and tell me your results.

Right here you implied that a CLS was being used tho? Even if you weren’t the one using it you based your intial explanation of your tek on the fact that you were using an already processed hydrocarbon extract to mix with your etho. (which btw is not EHO all your doing is filtering your extract) (because to even winterize properly the solution should spend enough time in cryo temps for your waxes and lipids to percipitate) I think most of us understand what your getting at here bud, but your just not reinventing the wheel or anything.

1 Like

The fact you don’t even rinse the bio with fresh etho to at least clean the tails from your bio says you’re doing something off there.

3 Likes

You’re not just filtering you’re using that bho mixture to wash whole nugs of cannabis.

It’s not hard to understand. Eho is using ethanol to wash cannabis well a bho that’s been dissolved in ethanol is still ethanol, yes?

So in some form it’s eho

The nane doesn’t fucking matter its the process and the outcome that should matter here which no one seems to give a fuck about.

I’m done commenting in this thread

1 Like

Imagine winterizing BHO in Ethanol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ok_hand:
Just use the search. Extract colder. no winterization required. Throw it through crc if needed. Or just throw it out :man_shrugging:

Read my tek again. It not winterization alone. Everyone here knows about winterizing.

What I’m saying is you make the emulsified bho mixture I. E. Pour ethanol over the bho and use that mixture to wash whole nug cannabis.

1 Like