Refrigerant For Jacketed Base?

what about adding more moving parts?
Steam turbines can be appropriately awe inspiring… :wink:

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/WOLFBUSH-Butane-Powered-Stirling-Windmill/dp/B07VTM1TM7
Just had to.

Have you looked at using suva 95 for the second stage refrigerant? Works a treat!

1 Like

I was just reading about 508b as an improved r23 mix last night. I love r23 and I also love aezetropic refrigerant mixes. Sounds like a winner in my book

3 Likes

I dont think I should start a whole new topic but- I want to pull a vac on a 6x6 fully jacketed spool for insulation. Anyone have experience? Is pulling a full vac likely to make it implode?

Little searching should reveal at least a dozen examples of folks pulling vac on their 6” jacketed material columns. Only implosions you’ll find mentioned would be Bizzy columns with liqCO2 run through them…full vac is 15psi. LiqCO2 runs 70ish

Edit: check this… Imploded Materials Column 6x48 BVV

2 Likes

So now I have an extra large yeti cup

2 Likes

I looked at the link and that was the spool imploding, Im more worried about the thin jacket. I just happened to get this thing but Id rather it hold temp than me manipulating it with water flowing.

You need translation?

I said; try as you might, you ain’t gonna find anyone reporting a problem sucking on these damn things.

If you want to collapse them, you will have to try harder…

4 Likes

Well translation? are you being a smart!@# The link you provided showed a collapsed train car from draining water. Sorry for asking to be safer. I guess I shouldnt have used the search engine to find this thread.

1 Like

You asked. I said it wasn’t a problem.

You asked for clarification. Not sure how to be more clear.

If you want it to collapse after you pull vac on the jacket you are going to have to beat it with a stick.

5 Likes

So this is a dumb question but how cold does nitrogen get alone as an inert gas? It’s not like liquid nitrogen temperature, right?

Liquid Co2 all the way unless you have 40k to throw at a quality chiller. I achieve -60c down to even -70. China jackets probably won’t cut it for this,

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking. At atmospheric pressure, gaseous nitrogen can be any temperature above the saturation temp of -320F. As pressure increases, that saturation temperature increases (ie the temperature that liquid N2 boils)

N2 is not ln2 temp correct

2 Likes

What temperature is nitrogen not liquid nitrogen. What temperature is the inert gas kind of nitrogen you use to push butane.

1 Like

Whatever temp. Its just compressed gas

6 Likes

So pretty much it pushes the temperature of the the freezing solvent, it alone is not a freezing air though right?

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

You can recover nitrogen right?