Re-dissolve BHO for CRC

Good tip @Griffin.Labs thanks fer posting it’s sure to help @Backyard_Boy

2 Likes

I have it “off gassing” into a solvent tank like she said above, so does it need a pretty strong boil?

1 Like

totally missed that it was posted like 3 posts up, as for how hard to let it boil i always just off gassed it for a few seconds at a time into my collection. it always took way to long for me so i don’t do it unless theres no other option.

1 Like

How hot did you typically go

If you can recover the gas instead of off gassing that would be better. Heat will make it dissolve faster. If you loaded too much oil you will have to flood the pot and recover 2-3 times before it fully dissolves the oil

8 Likes

You’re the man thank you brotha

We use a quick disconnect T fitting after our pump and we use a line with a check valve to bubble the hot vapor from the bottom. We use the same line for hot vapor loop anywhere on the system we just shut off the valve on the solvent tank so the hot vapor goes where ever the line is connected . Our material columns (6x48)have a bypass line and crc line with a 6" dutch weave sintered disc . I put all the oil in the column bottom fill first with solvent so the first thing to hit the sintered disc is clean solvent then top fill the column to 80% fill . Start pushing through your crc until you have enough solvent in your collection for a decent hot loop . Connect the hot vapor line to the bottom of the column so the hot vapor agitates and dissolves the oil and with the ball valves cracked just right only dissolved oil will push through into the crc. You can even use a 6" sight class to visually see it happen but i typically don’t. This tech works great for washing and dissolving thca as well . I have done runs on the 250L system with no nitrogen using this the hot vapor loop and still running cold

11 Likes

how did you do this with 10kg? i have a hard time dissolving at 20:1 ratios. 20lbs solvent to 1 lb of wax.

1 Like

need more heat, as when butane evaporates it creates a cooling effect it freezes the oil and lowers the solubility. get a mason jar or beaker, shoot some butane(outside) into it, and watch it try to dissolve. It freezes the oil and lowers room temp butane low enough to frost the jar and even freeze moisture in the air. This happens as the butane is boiling from the air temp.

Unless you add heat, the same thing is happening in your cls.

2 Likes

I re-dissolved mine in my jacketed collection pot where I could watch it through the sight glass. It didn’t start to melt in for a long time. I was surprised at how long it took and glad I could see it.
Starting material, trash run of waxy goo.

Turd in a punchbowl

Melted in

Fast filtered through CRC

Whipped and whipped

Cookies

4 Likes

Yep, blowing “smoke” (hot vapor) up its ass works like a charm…

Also helpful if you got hash clogged outlet/lines on the bottom of your columns…

7 Likes

So I think I put waaaaay too much oil now looking at that photo. Probably put about 1.8kg into a 12x36 jacketed collection… :man_facepalming:

I am letting it sit for a day or so in hopes it’ll dissolve but I’m thinking it won’t… check back with you guys tomorrow to let you know how it goes

This is passive by the way. No pump

Transfer that solution into a column or spare solvent tank that way you can flood the pot with more solvent. Remember if the solution is carrying too much oil you will precipitate some out in the media so make sure to use more solvent after the run through the crc. Don’t let the crc sit with oil and then run later or else the oil that’s in the media will oxidize very fast and turn purple

8 Likes

It’s blocking the pour spot now :rofl: anyone think it’s dangerous to pump some nitro through that pour spout to clear it so I can push the solution back out?

4 Likes

That should work great

3 Likes

Awesome thanks bro you’ve been a huge help lately

I should add, you always have been but personally to me as of late your replies are quick!

3 Likes

I like to disassociate from my busy life by reading. Glad I could be of help.

Do it like @Waxplug1 says though. Add more fuel to get that mass of oil to crc correctly. Reruns are always a bitch

6 Likes

Yeah finding that out currently lol. Really was hoping this would go a bit smoother but such is life…

And yeah @Waxplug1 thanks for always being the homie with all the info as well. Can’t thank you enough brotha

I’ll be sure to really water it all down and get it good to go. Will report back with any helpful findings I can

Edit: water it down with more solvent not water :rofl:

2 Likes

I laughed to myself about that one, but obviously knew what you meant.

3 Likes

the way i dissolve some of my bho is i take the following:
6x48 material column with a jacketed squirt bowl on the bottom with a 20 micron sintered disk on top. i then put stainless screen scrubbies so that the wax can be suspended on top of the filter and not get stuck to the 20 micron disc itself. and then above the micron disc ill put a sight glass so i can see whats going on above the filter and see if the wax has fully dissolved yet. i then heat my jacketed squirt bowl and jacketed material column to around 90-100f. i slightly recover off the top to agitate my butane on the inside. i put around 15-20 lbs of solvent in the column with anywhere from 100-400 grams of bho in it. the more i put in the longer it takes to dissolve

4 Likes