It puts the Cannabis in the tube, & then it walks away again

My favorite centrifuge is one that incorporates heptane, oil, ethanol, and water all at the same time.

1 Like

are you referring to the kromaton?

2 Likes

No. I’ve only used a Gilson CPC which is awesome, but I’m referring to disc stacks for LLE. I like industrial equipment. When i checked out the 5L Gilson CPC in Kentucky i was impressed, but remediating thc from hemp crude wasn’t worth the squeeze. I’d love to see what it can do for d8 remediation.

1 Like

I’ve been running a Luna for a while now and worked with one of the owners on the machine testing some stuff. i’ve done some pretty wild stuff with it. once i filled the distillation column with 1500g of crude, used a custom lid with a dip tube that went all the way down to the spout, filled the reactor with solvent, drained it into the distillation column, then used that dip tube to transfer all of the solvent now mixed with the crude back into the reactor, then re-ran that through a fresh crc column to clean it up. i even did a run with no chillers on as a test.

i couldnt be a bigger luna fanboy tbh.

by far my favorite machine in my 14 years of extracting.

3 Likes

There is a much easier way to do that that doesnt require a different lid or dip tube and you will get every last drop out of the reactor.
Just put a compression fitting on your pour spout and then pull vacuum on the reactor and suck it in with a hose.

Redissolve can be done much faster by doing a hot vapor loop on the distillation column and blowing the vapor up the pour spout while sucking with the pump from the top of the distillation column.

Adding a 3 way valve on the reactor will make this doable without any line being disconnected.

2 Likes

And a three way valve at the bottom of the reactor.

This is where your hot vapor can be had.

Mods above allow hot vapor into distillation or reactor.

This one lets you get pushy at your CRC

Rocket surgery 101

Edit:

See: Re-dissolve BHO for CRC - #27 by Saucyslabz

4 Likes

Nice, I appreciate the info!

Luckily nowadays I don’t have to do that. That was around 3 years ago at a different company than I am at now. If I run dirt product now it just gets put to the side and eventually gets wasted tbh, although I did recently show my CEO and GM the centrifuge “diamond” tech so hopefully I can start spinning that shit into thca for liquid diamond carts lol

def stands out.

why isnt anyone else using similar style manway hatches?!

1 Like

Because its expensive to custom build a jacketed column that has a asme rated lid that hinges, plus they are heavy and require a rack or stand. Lunas are all two jackets and the outer jacket is filled with insulating foam. all manufactured in the united states.

Compare that to all the people selling cheap 6" jacketed spools that china produces for a fraction of the cost and no one wants to drop the cash for ease of use.

6 Likes

Looks like Verdara sells them independently, Extraction Vessels - Verdara Technologies | Engineered and Manufactured Solutions for Processing Industry

3 Likes

Thank you for this information, I really appreciate it! My company is tight on funds so I’m not sure how soon they’ll be able to get me this setup unfortunately. Luna did say that they should have some new equipment available soon to help processors distill their gas before it enters their system.

I’m trying to work out a way to distill the gas in the meantime. For now I’ve run a number of clean runs with just solvent then wiped down the internals of the system, but it’s pretty time consuming and not very efficient.

Thanks a ton for the photos, that definitely helps me better understand the concept better. The company I work for is a bit tight on funds right now so I’m trying to find a low-cost way to get this set up here.

I have an AI jacketed 100L stainless steel reactor which is sitting here collecting dust, I wonder if that could be retrofitted as a temporary solution. I’d have to remove the electronics associated with it though, and check with AI to see what the pressure rating is/compatibility with butane/propane.

1 Like

I’d recommend you use a rated solvent tank.

if you’ve got a vapor port on your incoming solvent tanks, you can feed vapor into your system that way. without heat you’d need to run longer. as the luna can decide for itself when it’s had enough, just opening your feed tank and telling the machine to fill itself then leaving for the day IS an option.

Got it, the AI reactor I’ve got doesn’t appear to be rated for butane/propane so that’s a no-go for me. The solvent tanks I’ve got from our gas supplier (Kaplan gas) have a CGA 510 valve on them.

A liquid valve turns into a vapor valve if you turn the tank upside down.

1 Like

I thought that was just for getting liquid out of a vapor port…

Which is why hvac recovery tanks are often built to stand on their heads.

Might be easier to simply ask your supplier for non-odorized solvent in a vapor withdrawal config

1 Like

fill from initial solvent tank into jacketed solvent tank which collects all the gross stuff, that one is then heated and passively distills into the holding tank. at the end of the day we fill the luna.

2 Likes

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus, as well as a pretty simple configuration to put into place. Now I just need to convince my bosses that I need that equipment, they have been nickle and diming me recently.

My latest brain fart, someone should make simple short adapters.

ASME Lid to Triclamp 8" adapter.

3 Likes

@Luna_Jack

We need more than one CRC on deck…

the dual CRC below was circa 2018…

2 Likes