Purging Shatter

What are these little bubbles in my bho? Is it terpenes? Is it solvent? How warm does the slab need to be to get these out? This slab has been in the vacuum oven at -29hg for more than 30 hours at 76F to 96F . I’m using a Chinese vac oven that looks like an across international replica. The slab was made with a Terpenator MK4C using 70/30butane/propane starting material was popcorn nugs and trim. I’m 800 feet above sea level.

5 Likes

The bubbles are your solvent being extracted from the oil. Try to set your oven for 80*F max if possible. What was your process when you extracted your flower?

6 Likes

At 90f it takes anout 4 days to properly purge, at 85 f it takes 5 to 6 and the lower the temp the longer it takes. But you preserve more terp with lower temperatures

7 Likes

I used a terpenator mk4c with 70/30 butane propane. Collection pot sits in a bath at 86F during recovery. After extraction I pour/scrape onto parchment, put in oven set around 82F, turn on vacuum pump and wait until it muffins, then I release the vacuum and let muffin collapse, then I repeat that for first ten minutes until muffining stops.

6 Likes

It looks like the slabs get darker if I leave them in there for more than 48 hours at 95F to 105F

1 Like

I nvr noticed anything like that. But i would drop the temp to 90f

3 Likes

Yeah, try to chill you solvent as cold as possible and don’t pour into a hot collection pot.

Yes the solvent is at -45, -50F at start. I don’t warm the collection pot bath until all the solvent has fallen into the collection pot.

I meant for it to be 85F but didn’t notice until recently that after an hour or two the slabs inside are ten degrees hotter than the set value on the oven and often the perceived value is ten degrees hotter than the set value. So now I’m setting it for 70F, hoping the slabs will be 80F.

4 Likes

Yeah, thats mo betta. Check out the color remediation thread and that will help you get the color you want.

1 Like

Why are u releasing vacuum?

Pull to -25 hold till goes down and stop reacting…

Pull to-30 full vac, once again close valve or have backflow valve and shut pump off , hold at -30 …

If ur releasing vacuum prior to it stopping bubbling your doing it wrong… I’m no shatterking but someone correct me if I’m wrong, you gotta hold that vac

6 Likes

For shatter:

Fresh dry material
Pour out your slab
Pull a muffin in your vac oven.
Let it chill under full vac for 45min-1hour. 80-90f
Pull it out, flip the slab, back in for 45-1hour.
Repeat 4 times.
Done.

I know over half y’all think this is wrong, but I am shatterking. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

So many ways to skin a cat. And everyone is the best and always rite

16 Likes

In my experience with shatter the material makes a huge difference in oven temperature. There’s some material I can work with at 85F & other material that needs closer to 95-98F to finish.

10 Likes

So your user name is joke right? haha midsfactory :smile:

2 Likes

I’m a funny guy

8 Likes

You have test results for residual solvents on those done slabs?

8 Likes

Are you asking the shatter king about his 4hr purge

22 Likes

I am, yes.

11 Likes

Curious as well.

3 Likes