Purging Shatter

No I don’t.

I think it’s 8hr but I may read wrong… Seems very short for the 4days I was doing

3 Likes

I have had 300 ppm in less than 24hr i reread at 5hr

4 Likes

At what temp?

I may been trying to preserve terps a lil to much, but I was novice in my shatter days, working off here say. Wrong coast

1 Like

-30 vac at 90f. I lab tested it to verify my thoughts and my home testing

4 Likes

I’ll post some results for y’all next week. I know you guys think I’m full of shit. How silly would you feel if I was right and you’ve been wasting days in the oven? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Im going to give your method a go. See if it passes home testing. If it does ill lab test it.
So you pull muffin. Do you keep doung that until it flattens out of just back off vac a bit and let it settle on its own before you flip and take to -30

Is it 4 flips total or 4 flips after the first one.
Is this 4 to 5 hr process

1 Like

i dont doubt anyone on this site…too many smart people to take anyone for granted here brother. I think everyone just needs to try your method. This site is SOPing the shit out the game right now. Seems a lot of us got complacent with success. I personally thought no one here even extracted with hydrocarbons anymore…Just alcohol.

Thanks for posting this…im curious too on how this works as well.

6 Likes

Probably Just terp bubbles…terps are solvents and a full vac will do this! Set back in the oven for a bit no vac and they should come to the surface.

You want your vacuum pump running the entire time your slabs in the oven. Don’t shut it off.

8 Likes

I ran into a bunch auto buddering back then running my pump the whole time…

So glad I got off the headache and just jar my oil for live resin now…so much easier w very lil clean up in the end

4 Likes

Buddering tends to be more material dependent than technique IMO

4 Likes

Would make sense bc I followed same tech ever time…maybe bc I’m so close to grower bc it’s me?

I got so sick making shatter for that reason though, everyone hated budder… And I guess I didn’t know how to really shatter something up then

1 Like

Ok so here are some recent results. They are from a WA Rec company I did some consulting for. I will admit these are a little high, but all they had were some tiny 1.9 CU ovens with 2 shelves each. I was really rushing these through. And their solvent was obviously sketch.

You can go a little longer on each flip, but the point of the tech is that you can move shatter through the purge the same day you extract it. In the ideal situation you could achieve lower PPM’s in that same time frame.

2067-229678.pdf (280.6 KB)
2067-229679.pdf (294.5 KB)
2067-229681.pdf (297.6 KB)

7 Likes

If you want to avoid buddering, don’t leave your slabs under vac & heat for too long. We turn the ovens off and let atmosphere in when we go home for the night. If we forget, there will be budder in the morning.

4 Likes

You can flip as many times as you want. The idea is to be flipping often. Flip as many times as you can. We do 4 flip minimum. Just don’t leave it in there on one side under vac for 12 hours. That is where you run into buddering.

3 Likes

Oh…

Ya that’s far from what I was thinking. I have a personal standard of under 500ppm on anything that gets packaged.

14 Likes

You can still get there in under 12 hours. These aren’t the best examples. Play around with it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also use a tek similar to this. test results are always under 500 ppm, if not much much lower

4 Likes

Everyone has their own way. Do you have others that are passable in a regulated market? And with terpenes?

2 Likes