Purging Shatter

1902DVT0291.1391 - The Medicine Room - 2-19-19 Gelato - Shatter _44557.pdf (148.7 KB)

Here’s a COA of mine, when I take my time. Still 90% and 8% terpenes, with nearly single digit residuals.

Play around with it.

13 Likes

I rarely have buttering issues. Ill go 24hr without flipping sometimes

1 Like

I don’t do my first flip for 48 hours. Then once a day.

6 Likes

I’m flipping alot, but I just can’t seem to get all the bubbles out! I’ve been increasing the oven temp gradually up to 99F but I don’t want to burn my slabs they started with a really nice yellow color and I’ve seen slabs get “baked” before and darken. I have the vacuum running the whole time at -29hg. Will all the bubbles eventually come out at the right temperature? What 's the limit? 115F?

That is a passed cert for the regulated rec market in WA.

But no, most of my work currently is not regulated, so is not tested.

Still waiting on the regulators to check their boxes :slight_smile:

I usually “finish” my slabs by letting them sit at 90-100F with no vacuum for an hour. That usually gets the bubbles out.

There is an art to flipping. You can get some sexy looking slabs.

5 Likes

That’s acceptable in Washington? Crazy. Most places are 800ppm or lower. I still shoot for under 500, preferably below 200

9 Likes

should I use the rolling pin and flatten them out more? Will that help the bubbles come out?

1 Like

I wouldn’t do that.

2 Likes

5000ppm here

1k here

You get a late nose burn at 300ish

4 Likes

Sweet Jesus. I mean, az is medical and has zero regulations. But still.

3 Likes

Where does the DCM come into play?

1 Like

It was in the solvent in their tanks. I think hey tapped canned solvent into their tanks.

Canned solvent can contain DCM? I dont think ive ever heard a mention of this before.

4 Likes

Has anyone ever seen pump oil seeping into the vacuum oven and pooling on the bottom? I have to wipe it out every couple of hours that the pump is on.

1 Like

Was your pump running

Are you trolling?

Yes, it only happens when I’ve had the pump on for a few hours.