Powdery mildew help

I’m at seven weeks and flowering and a power failure I think was the cause of some powdery mildew setting him

Can anybody give me an idea of how to deal with this

Can I use a sulfur burner

1 Like

Don’t use sulfur burner on flowering plants

Alkaline water with a wetting agent and maybe some essential oils like garlic or citrus. At 7 weeks you may be best off removing any infection and salvaging your harvest without spraying.

7 Likes

If you are that deep into flower cut your losses, sterilize your room, start fresh

16 Likes

How far away you take the pH for the alkaline water

Dip them in peroxide after harvest Jorge Cervantes has a video somewhere.

6 Likes

My tap water is close to 8. I think most bottled water is too

Find some green cure
2tbsp per gallon of TAP water. Foliar spray all PM spots during lights out.

Keep lots of air movement

6 Likes

chop your plants early, kill every plant in the building, bleach everything, run ozone in every room, start fresh from seed

16 Likes

PM lives around us and your grow 24/7 when you drop temps too much and swing RH high at night time is usally the culprit for PM blooms. its not systemic I dont know who started that myth. You can wash it with peroxide and water solution at harvest and make sure you blow it dry immediately after you wash or you’ll ruin your harvest and it will mold when drying. try to use luke warm water or youll end up breaking all your trichomes off in a cold water dunk. The trick ive learned over the years to eliminated PM completely as not been incessant sterilization techniques but rather keeping the night time temps and RH as close to the day time temps as possible. honestly my yields even went up when i managed to keep my night temps at 80F and 70 RH exactly what it was with lights on.

12 Likes

I was going to suggest green cute as well.

Try running 70%rh late in flower, and you will get bud rot.

5 Likes

if your goal is ethanol extraction and distillation (based on tags), then I’m with @Hansel and @anon56994712. chop them now.

I also agree with @Natehemp, dipping them in hydrogen peroxide before you hang them will go a long way.

https://www.marijuanagrowing.com/showthread.php?793-H2O2-Hydrogen-Peroxide-Wash-getting-rid-of-powdery-mildew-video-by-Jorge-Cervantes

6 Likes

i havent tried running 70 RH late in flower yet. but the needs of the plant late in flower are certainly different then its needs in veg or even beginning of flower. but keeping temps at night to 80F and 70RH might be far different then night temps in the 60s and RH at 70%

1 Like

Dont forget those who run co2 run higher temps.

From flip to week 6, I run 85* temps in flower. Rh I dont give a crap about. It’s never over 65%, never under 50%. Last 3 weeks I drop temp, rh, amd co2. Week 7 and on os water only.

5 Likes

Spray 9.0 ph water to get rid of PM , and 3-3.5 ph for mites . You can use vinegar to lower your ph and baking soda to make it higher .

Also make sure your plants are defoliate thoroughly and the air flow is on point . Intake and exhaust as well , peace

5 Likes

Absolute worst case scenario is you can do the george cervantes wash with hydrogen peroxide. I feel guilty saying this but I’ve done it more times than I can remember lol. Final product won’t be quite as good but you can at least salvage the grow to a certain extent. This should be used as a last step to save your crop kind of measure but will definitely make the weed far safer (to a certain extent).

Sufur burner was the only thing that I found that eradicated the problem 100% for me. I forget exactly how I did it but I think it was like once week 2 and 5 or something similar. Never saw PM again when I would do a mild burn once or twice during the cycle. Week 7 is probably too late but this is 100% your call.

I would honestly try what the others suggested with the PH thing. Until I got into the habit of using sulfur every PM issue we had we would spray with a milk/water solution and it worked fairly decent but never fully fixed the issue. It did help i’d say like 80%-90% but it always returned. It was more of a maintenance thing but it definitely worked. Edit- I forget about the light parts but you definitely don’t want moisture lingering on the plants too long that late in flower.

TBH I would use what the others have suggested. Not sure if it has been classified as unsafe in the past few years but I would definitely look into incorporating a sulfer burn or two into the early parts of your next cycle.

Optic foliar is supposedly safe a week till harvest

Try h202 or hydrogen peroxide diluted at 3%
Kills that shit for me everytime . Safe in flower it evaporates to oxygen and water use a qtip to wipe the leaves . I have never had it on my buds only leaves . I have done a whole plant spary the plant doesn’t like it but it kills everything it will make it sterilized h

Use this. You can use it post harvest too.

Where are you sourcing it?

I asked in the other thread as well.

1 Like