Extraction of PM infested biomass with hydrocarbons

Hello friends, have been looking information about the consequences and methodology in extracting PM infested biomass thru hydrocarbon extraction. Any input or recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

There’s been lots of discussions on the topic:

Powdery Mildew - Botany and Cultivation - Future4200

Molded material solution - Hempire Building - Future4200

Removing mold is as easy as a 1 micron filter. Removing mycotoxins is a different story. T-41 silica or magsil and possibly some post process AC for the real nasties and smells.

1 Like

Michigan doesn’t require(or at least they didn’t previously) pathogen testing on solvent extractions.

One would need 0.2um to keep spores from passing though, as I understand it.

12 Likes

I was always told 1 micron for spores and colony formation, and .1 micron for mycotoxins. I did some quick Google foo and I’m pretty sure that’s correct. I could be wrong though.

Round these parts we do .2 um for spores and pm.

I have had to clean the PM off an old 1.5" sintered .5 micron gasket filter…which was clogged. Yuck.

Stage your filtration properly and I doubt you’ll ever see much on that .2 um. I run from 25, 10, 5, 1, .5 on non contaminated bio. I add the .2um if processing bio with PM. I do not change that filter unless there is a blowout in the CRC upstream of the filter, the CRC is in the bottom of the material columns and uses 30 micron and 1 micron papers with rings to hold back the powder. I do things differently so don’t listen to me…

7 Likes

If I remember correctly you can do copper sulfate washes of the extract

1 Like

Never had a mycotoxin or PM problem on the analytics ever since I started using b80. But others in the thread mentioned bentonite type medias and more, which would also work.

3 Likes

.2um is obviously going to be the best.

But if you don’t have access, a 1 micron will remediate mold spores, and unnoticeable colonization.

For example is a client fails mold for 18k CFU.

PM dosent create mycotoxins, so you don’t need to worry about that. And mycotoxins are only produced in mold colonies.

1 Like

Maybe @cyclopath will elaborate as to why he has drilled 0.2um in my brain.

And I was under the impression mycotoxins could not be filtered out two dimensionally (papers, discs, and the like), but I may be totally wrong (as I certainly have been before).

Maybe the good doctor will elaborate on this as well if we ask nicely enough. Haha.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought it was .2 micron for mold spores

That’s what I was kinda getting at with the .5 micron clogging with the pm.

Like I can only measure .0001, so I definitely can’t measure .000002. But my .000005 filter caught all the PM. So I don’t know what the perfect size is, but do know you can stage filtration down to a nats ass and things seem to work well.

1 Like

Outside the box. I k ow uvc kills pm? Maybe pass that over the mass and of course remediate as necessary?
Uvc also causes skin cancer so ppe for sure

Radio Frequency for mold remedeation

Radio, ozone and UV will destroy the DNA but the flower will still pop on most PCR. Anyone trying to remediate FLOWER of mold and sell it as FLOWER is a shit bag, and probably causing upper respiratory issues for people. UV light, regalia, and air movement is all you need for mold/mildew IPM

1 Like

You first say- “Anyone trying to remediate FLOWER of mold and sell it as FLOWER is a shit bag” and then you continue to give your opinion as to how it should be remediated which kind of makes you a “shit bag” by your own words doesn’t it!!! What is wrong with you? are you on dru… Never mind.

I went over flower remediation technology THEN I gave my opinion on it, because radio was mentioned above. But whatever, I’ma do more drugs.

Yes you gave your opinion… In which you called yourself a “shit bag”… Do you not see the irony?