POLL: Are you happy with your CRC protocol?

I talk with a lot of extractors across the US and it’s overwhelming the crazy variances people deal with but still muddle on with business. After 2 years focusing on media filtration, I truly think there is a better logical way to pair a CRC dosage with a set of biomass, rather then: Media to Biomass (lbs), & Bulk Loading by Volume

I am spending time and money on looking into a better solution but before I do I want to make sure this is actually an issue and I’m not just stuck in a small sample size.

The Poll is below. Please refrain from adding options and leave a comment to add more context to your vote.

• I am very much pleased with my process and see no need to innovate on this.
  • My end product color is all over the place and it’s ruining my business’s reputation.
  • CRC sucks and I never CRC (I put that on my momma)

0 voters

Also just posted a video on this to instagram asking the same question: darrenjaydirect

2 Likes

I am interested by this. Though feel it may be super tough as all biomass is different. Shoot same strain lower portion of a plant to topper portion of plant is different. I feel you would have to identify the biomass and what exactly you want to have taken out/ not extracted

1 Like

This is precisely the issue that needs to be addressed. We are focusing on the biomass when we are actually “treating” the oil.

2 Likes

Touching on the way I voted, I am pleased with my results overall. I feel it could use some fine tuning; although, the last batch I processed I have had the best customer feedback with.

Currently using Lustermax Alpha

5 Likes

So surprised this isn’t a big deal for folks. Y’all better have all yellow jars on your shelves :sweat_smile:

I guess this becomes an issue when running small batches compared to your standard batch size.

If you are given 20LBs of prized trim and your batch size is 20LBs, the chance of your getting that batch remediated correctly on the first go is low. But that’s an intake issue.

Dosage of CRC media varies so greatly by trim and I see black jars all day. I’m just going to continue on with a “build it and they will come” mindset. I’m pretty hell bent on making media filtration foolproof. :saluting_face:

1 Like

The trick is to go in circles until you get it right (Buddhist style :shushing_face:)

Very few do…

See: Opaline Silica Thread - #376 by Photon_noir

It uses less media, and you can stop when you achieve your desired endpoint. Unless you overwhelm your media, in which case you need a second column you can switch to on the fly…

I found that test swatches where handy…

1 Like