Opaline Silica Thread

Whats up @Dred_pirate if you get the pallet I am up to grab some off of you as well. Thank you for spear heading this hunt for the good dirt!!

1 Like

I’ll speak with him once I get back to work on Monday

2 Likes

didn’t see an answer for this: as long as your sand isn’t deep or you interrupt the cycle and mix to allow full removal of the acetone… you should be fine with that heat and residence time

1 Like

Acetone forms an azeotrope with pentane wich helps in purging acetone👍

3 Likes

A few of us are discussing group order for PDX. I’ve held off as others finish their rep discussions, in order to not contaminate the process. Several of us have locations with freight receiving, but glad to defer if someone needing larger qty wants to take it in. Not trying to mark up, just cost plus shipping fob Portland somewhere.

Re: @Dred_pirate

2 Likes

I’ve already written over 1000 words, and posted pictures worth at least 1000 words, each… so how about a moving picture gif!

VID_119370826_163733_874_1

Okay, fine… here’s an actual video…

Opaline Silica Pumped Recirculation System
(It’s a Google Drive link, so open with Drive app or whatever… I cannot upload it in any reasonable size or format. It’s a little over 16MB.)

That’s gotta be at least a million words worth so far! Somehow, I still need to say more!

I think this was before @cyclopath had joined me at the facility. The initial test runs (at least 40) were actually completed using special semi-toroidal socks (curved half-circle tubes) of various nylon mesh (50, 25, & 10μm) that my lovely Amber had sewn for me! We filled them with (then dried gray or red montmorillonite) and inserted them into the boiling vessel through the bottom 6" cap. Two socks were arranged in a perfect circle, closest to the outer circumference of the floor of the boiler, so that the puddle of concentrated resin would not have socks in it, soaking up product! This required me to build a small canister filter for the pour spigot, since so much dust would get in the vessel! It was a serious chore. Naturally, we had to clean the floor of the vessel with ethanol every reload, and getting the sticky used socks out was no walk in the park. She made them socks really tough, though, thankfully! Needless to say, the workers were quite relieved when the “infinity pump filter loop”* was installed.

*This was all before the term “CRC” had been coined, and really before folks were doing color remediation with @Shadownaught’s Carbon Chemistry clay products. I think he came out with his “bleaching clay” (now T41) right before I started doing the experiments with this material on the production sized skid. I had already been working on solving color and solidity (i.e. shatter hardness) issues for about a year… I was apparently the first person to call many suppliers about B80, fuller’s earth, and other clay products with regard to treating cannabis extracts, much to my surprise!

I tried everything, as packaged and pre-dried (Btw, I love the microwave idea, but be careful with random dirt, as it may contain metals!), and drying the clays quickly proved to be advantageous for most things. I may have mentioned this, but drying improves both initial total color and longevity (number of runs or uses) from these clay materials for color remediation… and it is essential to improving firmness of absolute texture, if that is a concern for you.

I’m tired, so TT;DW for now! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

additionally, can too much microwaving do any damage to the clay?

hello dred can i order a pallet with you??? how much does it cost?

Quite possible, don’t know if shipping would work out for that. Or if you want to throw down on the pallet, if that’s what you were saying

1 Like

I have a pallet coming in 10 days

2 Likes

Wax are you breaking it down or just flexing :yum:

If I can find some people that was to break a pallet with me I am game I’ll just charge cost of powder + shipping

down to throw in…but i am in socal…

1 Like

you like it better than b80???

I haven’t played with it yet but I already ordered it. I can break it down for sure

9 Likes

Anyone who broke up a bulk order, care to sell me some? I’m happy to pay markup and shipping for a couple bags. I need to find white opaline and/or the lt-grey bentonite. Thx

ive been told this in not to be use for anything that humans should consume. hopefully i was told the wrong information.

2 Likes

That’s certainly a short climax to a long thread, may I ask your source?

1 Like

Not getting consistent results from it, it’s definitely the right stuff. So far pureflo and magsil work best for me

magsil robs terpenes, your better of with silica

@dred_pirate had great results with this stuff

5 Likes

Yeah I was gonna switch over but I still have a grip of magsil, I bought a palate a while back. Anyone know if silica grabs the lipids the same way that magsil does?

In addition, I’ve been getting great terp profiles with magsil, I just don’t use quite as much as some SOP’s call for.

1 Like