ORGANIC gummy recipes?

you forgot italics right??

Thanks. Will try it one day for hemp gummies

Well it is an inorganic compound :wink:.

I know u think ur funny but …

Lol no genuinely didn’t no what that was until I googled it

You are right! My comment wasn’t helpful to the topic. Ironically enough, salt and water are the only 2 ingredients not included in the calculation for organic products.

Here is the reg

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=9874504b6f1025eb0e6b67cadf9d3b40&rgn=div6&view=text&node=7:3.1.1.9.32.7&idno=7

Calcium chloride isn’t an organic compound and it’s in USDA organic food

And so is water.

NOP 205.605 (a) Nonsynthetics allowed

By the way

205.606 Nonorganically produced agricultural products allowed as ingredients in or on processed products labeled as “organic.”

(g) gelatin

1 Like

Lol yea that’s the whole point if u read the thread top down. I was saying my standards go beyond any certifying agency or governing body’s so I’m not gonna pay them money to certify me . And if calcium chloride is so similar to water drink a cup of it and lmk how u make out ( anyone reading this don’t do it you’ll die )

Do I need to provide the definition of ORGANIC to you peeps?

How in the name of Christ is gelatin not organic. It comes from bones and nails, from a LIVING thing.

6 Likes

Organic: relating to or derived from living matter.

2 Likes

Id have to double check its someone here local in Oregon. Southern oregon to be exact.

Certified Organic is exactly what the name states. CERTIFIED ORGANIC. All ingredients and processes used in the product are tracked and approved by a certifying agency.

Much different than just calling something organic.

I could go out to my field and grab a puck of cow shit that by all rights should be “Organic”, but unless i can track and trace the food (grass in this case) the cow ate is certified organic, i cannot claim my cow poop pie is infact certified organic. I can however claim that its “raised and processed organically.”

Do you see the difference?

And to whoever above said gummies arent organic do to gelatin, pectin can be.

Just googled organic gelatin and found some on amazon that says “organic gelatin” but it is NOT CERTIFIED ORGANIC.

The certification is what weeds out a lot of people. Like it or not, thats how USDA ORGANIC works.

You can call you oil organic all you want and thats fine and dandy, but dont miscontrue that for CERTIFIED ORGANIC. It devalues the hard work those of us who have gone through the process.

1 Like

The point was that those certifying agencies Are bull shit and allow for things like calcium chloride… witch is far from organic .

Im pretty sure someone here on the forums outta new york has certified organic etoh for those looking. Beakerskiff or something along those lines. Ill look thru my history and link later

Oh i absolutely agree, the whole process is over regulated bull shit. But thats the way it is. fed says Its to protect us. Do you feel protected?

On a side not, some A SELECT FEW ingredients that are not technically certified can still be used in the process if stated.

For example, for my compost tea, ive been buying certified organic molasses for years (because i thought i had to) and just recently found out by OREGON TILTH that we can use uncertified. Maybe thats the case with your pickles?

Also. Some things can be 99% organic.

Lol no my pickles had a chemical in them . That’s the opposite of the point of being organic

You sure?

This just seems ridiculous. Can it still be certified?

Thats interesting you pulled that up. Thats what i was told by who i spoke with on the phone during the start of the year.

We ended up finding a bulk certified organic molasses supplier on amazon then contacted them directly via website. Ended up buying like 20 gal for the season. Before that the only place we could find any was bi-mart of all places lol.