ORGANIC gummy recipes?

Anyone have any good organic recipes for gummy’s that don’t mold ? Saw a bunch of really good recipes on here for slowly killing your nemesis but I was actually trying go the poison free route ya know. I tried buying organic gummy bears , melting mixing and remolding , it was close but they would lose there shape and turn into a glob . Would make from scratch but I Can’t find non gmo or organic corn starch so have trouble getting the desired sugar content without getting them to moist with stuff like agave and honey . Any one have any experience on the topic ?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what “organic” has to do with mold issues. Can you explain?

Quick google search for organic corn starch:

I hate those honey sweetened bears and I don’t believe in the whole organic is better idea so haven’t ventured down this rabbit hole and I’m not sure there’s really a big market for it either in terms of medicated gummies.

I’d find some organic corn syrup to sub in instead of the honey or agave.

Just explaining how I’ve read a bunch of sop already but they all included chemical preservatives and or things I can’t find gmo free or organic like corn syrup ( sorry didn’t realize I said Corn starch, but after u mentioned I checked for organic corn syrup and found a “ light version “ that might work ).but I don’t care what the market says your either uninformed, unintelligent, or just a genuinely bad person if you put chemicals in anything meant for human consumption let alone meant for medical use for patients with serious illness

Perhaps ditch the gummy bears as a route of administration?

7 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=thermal+process+food&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS606US606&oq=thermal+process+food&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59l2j69i58.10890j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Use thermal process instead

1 Like

Would adding a non organic cannabis product grown and extracted with chemicals kind of mess up the whole idea here? Maybe your using a organiclly grown product not extracted with chemicals and I am just posting more clutter.

2 Likes

Yep , all the bio mass is 100 percent organically grown , and the solvent is human consumption grade ethanol

1 Like

Thanks , so basically just make sure to heat it long enough and stay sterile. I didn’t have any issues with mold yet but never let any of the homemade ones sit outside the fridge . Bought organic gummy’s melted and mixed in extract, they sat out and didn’t go bad but didn’t hold there shape well

1 Like

Sounds like a good clean product. I commend you for that!

1 Like

Ive been searching for organic gummy copackers or recipes my self. So we can maximize on our organic certs.

Congrats on being organic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it organic, though?

2 Likes

Don’t be an idiot

It just seems like if you want to claim being organic, then you should use organic alcohol. That would ultimately be up to your certifying agency, though.

2 Likes

“Claim”organic ? ur outta ur element here trust me… and that site had grape vodka and hand sanitizer not 190-200 proof ethanol but thanks for trying

1 Like

And just so u know ur beloved USDA certifying entity is a load of shit and allows for a list of chemicals to be put in products with its label on it … my “organic” is more organic than any certifying entity requires … take a walk bud

1 Like

There are a lot more certifying agencies than the usda, especially with cannabis. You should be certified by someone if you want to use the word organic. I do the same thing you do, by the way, but I use food grade ethanol because I am not a chemist and do not have the necessary skills and equipment to be certain all my solvent is out of the final product, which is exactly what I tell customers. I do not call my product organic, though. That organic alcohol looks expensive.

That’s dumb . Just send them out to be tested at a lab like everyone else … and no u don’t need to be certified to call yourself organic, not for cannabis and not for food or wine. You only need to be certified if you want to attach a certifying companies reputation behind ur product… and since there reputation is shit and there prices are outlandish I’ll pass

We buy certfied organic ethanol for our organic extracts. And it costs a fuck ton. Its like 55-60 bucks a gallon if i rememeber. We buy by the tote.

1 Like

There are CBD companies out there that are certified organic. . . . I think its about protecting yourself when you claim something that is regulated.

2 Likes

Who’s your supplier?

1 Like