Only The Strong sauce tek

Cap once reduced to 1/3rd of initial 3/3

I capped a little after this picture. Was only a 50 gram gg#4 bud run. 2nd attempt at diamonds only

2 Likes

They dissolved back in, cap buckled, but still full of tane. Should be good for a month to sit then? Where those the blooms?

They melt back in but then starts growing usually within a week, you may have to much solvent left I’d leave at room temp till tomorrow and if it’s gotten thicker I’d tighten again, if not you may need a burp or 2, and if it is to much solvent left, there’s a chance you may need to swap lids there are alot of variables to say for sure, and jar can possibly give out instead of the lid venting or it can contain it all… I’ve personally seen all of the above

3 Likes

@Otscc says if u get huge cold crash…pour off mother liquid and save cold crash in freezer…reduce mother liquid to super saturated and pour back on cold crash STONES

Couple more trials this weekend and im hoping my speed up of cold crash to about 2-6 hrs and instead bolbs u get actually Crystallize diamonds,they metl if u don’t introduce back right…

10 Likes

So, are you suggesting that butane isn’t needed for crystallization if your extract has a high enough terpene content?

1 Like

That’s exactly right…when making my standard live or sauce I recover all solvent then jar the oil!

If u want stones though follow the tek

3 Likes

Fresh frozen GG#5 1 week after cold crash

5 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. I noticed that the lids on my jars where bowed out because of the pressure. I picked up some safety valves(20psi, but I think 10-15psi is enough) on Amazon and some rubber washers. I drilled the lid’s and used a large nut to install the safety valves. They pretty much vent themselves and if they’re are not just touch the release ring and they vent.

22 Likes

I didn’t know about his site till @Killa12345 told me about it. I learned on my own by experimenting with different methods. For me I got the best separation by just letting the jars sit for 1 day then capping them. I would vent once or twice a day as needed until I did the safety valve set up. Then they would vent themselves.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Killin it as always! @BG305 your just a smart individual. Probably ain’t too much u can’t figure out. :facepunch:

Glad your starting to post around here. Sure you got technical stuff you can certainly help out with

3 Likes

My bro I appreciate you greatly :facepunch::100: @killa12345 , as soon as I get the new unit I told you about I will start a log in the appropriate section on the trials. It’s on its way and should arrive the first week of January. I also secured a scope from UCLA so I can start measuring trich heads and compiling data on the strain specific sizes.

6 Likes

@BG305 Man those are some sweet looking boulders. Did you mean you skip the cold crash?

2 Likes

I admire your knowledge, it’s been helpful and entertaining. Appreciate it. Where you located? You consult at all? I’m opening a type 7 in San Diego sometime late spring. Maybe we can network here?

Chris

4 Likes

Correct, I found out about the “cold crash” afterwards from this site. Thanks to @Killa12345. I started just jarring after extraction using 70/30. I was leaving to much solvent and was worried about the jars popping so I installed the safety valves. Then I started leaving them open sitting for a day thanks to a freind/employee that said wait till it’s “soupy”. I also learned stone size tends to lean towards terp profile.

3 Likes

I’m actually from Miami originally and slit my time between here and Costa Rica. We hold a few LIC in California in DHS, California City and in the triangle. I’m down to give you a hand when I’m in Cali. I usually roll thru my boys place in New Port beach when I roll into town.

2 Likes

Hop skip and jump away, based out of phx.

1 Like

Down the road. :sunglasses:

Can you please reference someone or post a photo of the pyrex pour your taking about? I’m curious to see.