Only The Strong sauce tek

I love the prv. That ish is awesome.

Someone needs to make more durable lids with a small valve, guage, and possibly a prv.

2 Likes

Man oss makes a really cheap adjustable prv! Canā€™t believe I havenā€™t thought thisā€¦

@Soxhlet. What u think be good starting point for adjustable prv with these jarsā€¦

And Iā€™m sure a PTFE o ring would be perfect for sealing itā€¦or maybe just oring on the outside

Badass @BG305 welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thought about this and have spoken to a manufacturer. The problem with the jars is they are not ment to hold pressure. The would need to be tested ( the glass) more to see if they could hold a little more pressure. I think around 20psi is good and thatā€™s where I have found the lids fail and vent themselves.

2 Likes

try 15 psi

5 Likes

I bought the 10 PSI as I know diamonds can be made without any pressure at all so I would rather go lower as to not distort the top when it buckles because the lid cannot handle as much pressure as the valve. Gonna try Big Dans tech with no cold crash or pressure. He mentions that some make this tec seem harder than it is to throw people off so they give up.

4 Likes

Golden pressure

2 Likes

Damn.wish I had hr to watchā€¦does he explain any? U said no pressure no cold crashā€¦I like thisā€¦

No pressure means no solvent right? Terpenes being the cosolvent and residual solvent being the rest(all that bubbling up making shatter)ā€¦I really wanna get this one!

Please elaborate if you know anymoreā€¦

I may not have tried a big enough run but my stuff when I recover all solvent then jar looks just like but sugar sizedā€¦on heat I get up to 1/8carat sized pieces easy!

bUT ThOSE are WOWā€¦I hope I pray he recovers all solvent ā€¦that would make me smile today!
Guys on Reddit swear they make the same stuff w recover allā€¦ terpenes being the game changer!

Please share please share!

1 Like

Seeders

2 Likes

So thatā€™s what I was asking in our dmā€¦drop big stone in my oil after I recover all and place on heatā€¦?

My only issue is there will still be pressure and it says no pressure, on heat that will easily buldge the lid barely ā€¦I do all the time when sugar

And if I vent I feel like I may rapidly make it happen causing sugarā€¦ Just trying to think through here

He uses the same tec as OTSS but does not cold crash and does not cap until all the solvent has evaporated. He keeps the jars at 75-80f for 2 weeks and done. He does not seed.

2 Likes

Terpenes will build pressure anyway. And be around 85 ish. If you are pouring dry enough, after it settles for a sec and the main bubbling settles down. Then you can drop your seed and get her to maintain ~15 psi and watch the magic happen. I have one miner with a prv that I need to get adjusted to the exact pressure I want and tweak a few things

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with seeders. Youā€™re ensuring guaranteed nucleation. And thereā€™s definitely going to be pressure when he keeps it capped.

2 Likes

Ok and where he just said he follows otss but no cold crash and letā€™s all evapā€¦
Why is that not recover allā€¦get out jarā€¦ Thatā€™s what I doā€¦??? Where am I going wrong
He even said no seed

@Baked-All-Day

Whatā€™s the temp after sealed? Thatā€™ll tell me if Iā€™m just not keeping warm enough to let move bc I have the terps

Ok but garanteed nucleation happens anyways right, just small sugar
Just seeders let grow from that starting point?
Just tryin to learn from the pros bro thanks man!

Gah! I donā€™t want to give that part out. I want to, but donā€™t

Donā€™t use a small seed

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t necessarily say that. Size of tool to facets for reference. Thatā€™s over two oz in diamonds and the sauce is crashing out again for some personals.

3 Likes

I have used seeds a few times. I was just stating he does not use seeds. I have followed Dan for a while as he is more free with his info than many members here. I am guessing for his tek the pressure is almost nothing and def not 15-20 PSI. He has stated many times he does not use pressure and you do not need pressure to make diamonds.

1 Like

You donā€™t need pressure. But terpenes and residual solvent will built some. Heā€™s not capping these at less than a 1000ppm.

I am also not stating that the non use of seeds isnā€™t viable. I have grown without seeds. I just prefer to grow with them, it starts faster and ensures the growth that I want.

2 Likes

Not sure what PPM is when he caps but he did state that his live run and cured tested at less than 40ppm.

So is this diamonds?

I poured the terps off right before that,was tonsā€¦left them to crash just as big pieces if not bigger

Yes I recover all then I stuck on PTFEā€¦ To get all I guess

1 Like