Only The Strong sauce tek

I mean, I purge my terps when done. That doesn’t seem hard to achieve.

I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but I found an adjustable PRV on Amazon for $10 from 0-100psi. If it’s ok I can post the link on here. I started just jarring with no “seeding” and grew decent crystals. I then poured off the terp sauce and did seed this to see what happens.

There was 4 or 5 that size in the jar and the rest where half that size and smaller. Some of them where a solid disk of crystals.

3 Likes

Re seed one of the big ones

2 Likes

I was going to buy them until I read the reviews as many say the lower pressure numbers are not accurate and some say the markings mean nothing

1 Like

Just wana say thanks so much for the info all of you guys are such a positive in the industry, i started this process around May and have progressively gotten better, heres a pic of the last stuff i was running, no lab equipment, open blasted into a larger mason, let it boil down to a low thicker oil, (still very runny but low enough to pour off into a smaller mason) then i cryo, and in the next 2 - 3 days i pull in and out of the freezer to make sure i keep blooms and to get it to a good seal level. Seal up by day 3 and then leave out in room temp for a day. When i place onto heat i actually do i preburp and get rid of most my head space, then i seal for good and letem warm up. These are my results from day 3-4 on heat and they only got bigger

6 Likes

It wouldn’t be hard to pressure test them with an air compressor and just mark the nob. That’s what I did with my AI vacuum oven to realize it wasn’t going to work. I set my compressor to 15 psi and connected it to the vacuum port and let her rip. The seal on the front failed to keep the pressure in. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Nice work @Emptyonyxbot I’m going to have to try the whole cold crash method. Has anyone gone colder than -70c with this method? Maybe taking them down to LN2 numbers on the “cold crash” ?

1 Like

I’ve cracked mason jars in dry ice and denatured before twice. I’d imagine people have at least taken them down to -86c with ultra low scientific freezers.

4 Likes

Yeah, it would need to be a slow process in glass. It would probably work best in one of those diamond miners. Either blast it with LN2 or place it in a bath and let it go as low as possible. :thinking:

It would need to be a propane run as its freezing point is -188c and butane is -140c.

1 Like

I have a lab freezer and go down to -76c. It just freezes solid even with to thin a solution

1 Like

What would you say your solvent % is when placed in your lab freezer?

I have feeling…and from dumbass experience!

The lids fail before the glass…it’s where it holds on… Just curls up and sends the lid through the band!

Like fuse block LMAO!

This new 70/30 from big boy tank had me sweatin for while
…I realized I had way to much…

Btw that’s wide mouth quarts…I have theory on they are weaker due to more surface area to push on…

I’m working on pint and half pint jars…they even half pint and half…they the reg size lid but it’s like wide mouth jar, no indention of glass

3 Likes

This small ones with the str8 wall design are the last ones I picked up. They are like mine I jars but with the big lid so they taper to the top. Those are the only ones that the lid didn’t bow up on me.

2 Likes

Thats a correct assumption, psi is a measure of force applyed to a square inch of surface. The more surface you have the greater the force will be, this is how hydraulics work.

6 Likes

So defeating that w smaller reg size lid…like 4oz,8oz,12oz jars that don’t taper In…will that make for better slower evap…

Or bad decision broke glass… LMAO… Most the guys here seal at right place,

but we need tutorial for open blasters that we are recovering almost all the fuel plus letting more evap after cold crash and it’s more thin oil like than water clear tane…

So they need to blast, lets say let 70-80% go and start 3/3…bc I feel I would have blown stronger lid jar…bllown the glass!!! I use to really :duck: up

2 Likes

I ended up ordering some miners just to see about going with higher pressures and being able to load 500-700g’s at a time.

3 Likes

You need to back fill them with some nitrogen and seed with a large stone. See the results. Just keep the miner at 20-25psi.

You can even use a dreamel and etch some nucleation sights into the stainless. It will act at a channel for the thca to start concentrating in

9 Likes

That’s what I plan on doing when I get back. That’s in the plans for next month when I’m back in Cali. Has anyone tried hanging string in the jars? Like when we made rock candy with sugar and water. :grin: maybe the crystals will form in the string???

2 Likes

Actually yes… accidentally hairs on bud from not cleaning jars enough… definitely attaches to quick

But will be in the crystal… I’ve heard using some kind SS ball bearing or Crystal balls

2 Likes