Newbie Equipment Question

And that’s why I will never do lab work again…

Been there done that. It’s either fast and “quick” or you loose you kidneys over 6 years due to solvent exposure.

5 Likes

Sounds more like a lab problem then a work problem.
Whoever you worked for is the issue

Yeahhhhh maybe these days.

Things were different 6-7 years ago.

2 Likes

There’s nothing smart about shitty canned solvent pooling around your ankles waiting for a spark. Don’t do it. Ever.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, being I feel like I’m capable of learning. But at the same time, I feel like I’d need alot of handholding especially the first couple of runs and to be honest, my experience with trying to talk with professional professors that would be capable of helping me has not been a pleasant nor helpful experience. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d wager they weren’t interested in teaching someone anything this complex without payment for their time.

While I do believe this site would help alleviate some of that ignorance in my side, I don’t feel like it’s practical to have someone from here going through my first runs with me lol. As you said, I’ve built up a healthy amount of caution and fear at this point. Maybe it’d be different if I had a local mentor helping me, or I had a job in the industry I could learn from in a safe environment.

That said, the more I think about the reality of my situation, the more I can’t shake the feeling that trying to do this on my own, even with help from this site, would be immensely stupid on my part. Yeah it sucks, because it’s something I’d like to learn and know more about, and it would help me with producing my own medicine, but I believe it’s not a good choice for me given the situation.

Rosin isn’t my first choice, but I do feel confident in being able to quickly understand the process and not risk hurting myself or others, even solo.

5 Likes

So, just to play devils advocate again, you mention not being interested in ethanol because you want dabs and not carts. Did you know you can make dabs with ethanol?

Diamonds

Shatter

And crumble

Of course, you can make crude, winterize then decarb it for vape oil or gummies.

Which brings us to our next point, MillerliteRN is the man:

3 Likes

Best part of getting equipment from @Killa12345 is that he will also walk you through the setup and operations.

His website is:

I will also give you a hand to help you out. Anything beyond the basics like shatter, crumble, sugar. You’ll have to do some digging and figuring out yourself. But I’ll gladly help you out with getting you going so you can make some meds for yourself, safely. And at no charge.

9 Likes

This too.

1 Like

Oh dude!!!

Go through @Killa12345 for a rig and then go from there.

You should pressure test your system and vacuum test your system to look for any leaks prior to every run.

You should be running in a well ventilated area. Preferably concrete or outdoors.

Always use high pressure clamps and check your nuts and bolts. Rip Horatio

Make sure you have a way to aquire dry ice because regular ice is PAINFULLY SLOWWWWWW for recovery

Learn to distill the mystery oil from your solvent prior to using the solvent as an extraction solvent.

N-Butane>Blends if you’re gonna tap cans use whip-it 420ml premium and distill it.

Bi-di isn’t needed.

½" upgrade is the shyt don’t let everyone steer you away from using ½" lines for recovery if you’re just using a souvide

Clothes that don’t produce a spark help. I wear carthart jeans and never wash my clothes that I extract with, with fabric softener nor do I use drier sheets on them because those can cause more static electricity to your clothes.

Don’t fucking smoke while you extract. That’s worded harshly but is truth.

Don’t extract drunk or under an influence that knocks your balance off equilibrium. Don’t extract on a carpet wearing socks.

And as always READ, READ, READ THE SITE

1 Like

You can do financing with sezzle with BVV and I think you can do pay in 4 with PayPal on Xtractor Depot. Though, I’m pretty sure you and @Killa12345 can work something out financially if you dm him and discuss your extractor needs.

I honestly think, you should try @Killa12345 first.

Cause bvv will rip you off and xtractordepot is expensive too.

The other option that no one is discussing is to build your own extractor using parts sourced from every extraction site out there to make an extraction unit that is economically viable, while also gaining knowledge about the inner workings.

My funny story here is I originally was going to buy an extractor off of qualitystainlessparts from the eBay store before I even came to this site but ended up building my own and I don’t regret a thing. The funny part is when I came to the forum and learned that @Killa12345 was the owner I was shocked because at the time I had the money to buy a 1lb unit and l searched nearly every extraction store online and qualitystainlessparts was the one I always kept going back to because it was the economically best option and it had everything I wanted which included the stainless tank and dewaxing columm which I ended up buying my 3×24 dewaxing column from @Killa12345, my collection lid and my stainless tank plus another lid because I couldn’t waste time on parts for the other lid at the time [and I wanted a second lid to dick with].

It’s worth the time and money to learn but if you don’t have the time to buy the parts separately then buy a cls setup and learn from there.

1 Like

We have shoppay in the site and affirm I think

3 Likes

Oh yeah hfs uses that too. Forgot to mention them.

1 Like

Where are you located?

I’m in southern OK

1 Like

Lots of folks from OK here. I’ll bet we could get you a demo.

That would be awesome if that was the case. Even better if I could find someone willing to process it for me so I didn’t need to purchase equipment in the first place. Bonus points if I can learn from it too.

1 Like

I’m going to be blunt. Unless you have atleast 5 lbs of indoor nug to run nobody is going to run that for you on a split. Just not worth it. Even 5 lbs is low tbh

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see any mention of ventilation, and the actual planned location to setup this equipment, as the location and ventilation are extremely important, between c02 and butane vapors.

Setting up near a hot water heater with a pilot light would be no Bueno for instance.

Ventilation, and setup location
those two become some of the most important factors to look at to prevent asphyxiation or ignition.

6 Likes

Thank you for elaborating on what a well ventilated area is.

Also even if you run outdoors, you gotta be aware of ground based central air systems near by, people grilling, vapors pooling before if a liquid leak happens, vapors or liquid shooting out under pressure and it hitting an ignition source.

Still should be aware of the vapors coming off the slurries too.

2 Likes

Are you looking to learn to extract or are you looking to have extracts from your plant. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before, but you are a perfect toll processing customer. You just pay someone to run your product. To return on investment on your equipment will be slow with your volumes, there is a learning curve and skill so you can’t expect your first products to be great, and it is high risk. You’ll also probably want to have the ability to CRC with aged trim.

It’s just a different option you might not have thought about…

3 Likes