New Mushroom Lab in Oregon

Hello all,
I am new here, just signed up but I am excited to explore the site. Also, if there is anything improper about me sharing my friends new business below, let me know and I will remove this. I am not here to ruffle any feathers but to help get the word out for him.

I want to announce the opening of a psilocybin testing lab in Portland, Oregon.

Flourish Labs is open and accepting samples for quantitative analysis of fruiting bodies by HPLC/UV. They are workimg on the method for chocolates and gummies as well.

If interested in learning more please visit the Instagram page @flourish_labs_or

If anyone has any questions please let me know here or email them at the address given in the bio of the IG page.

Thank you for you time, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Cheers,
Sensi

17 Likes

Can you post pricing for testing?

I think that’s what most are curious about

5 Likes

7 Likes

Hi,
Of course!

150 for a single test for psilocin & psilocybin.
145 each for 10 - 24 tests
140 each for 25 - 49 samples.
More than 50 tests contact for custom pricing

Working on methods for edibles and will be adding norbaeocystin and baeocystin soon.

Cheers!

12 Likes

Not bad!

I’ll definetly hit you guys up if I ever make some mushrooms gummies I need tested!

9 Likes

Is olcc involved in the lab licensing? Does the lab need to do validation or proficiency testing on methods? What is their client base doing with their Coa’s?

3 Likes

“Just making sure this stuff I bought was okay” would be a good excuse

4 Likes

No, the state is not regulating it yet, but they hope to be involved with that.

Right now, they have developed their own methods utilizing sonication for extraction and using HILIC chromatography (tryptamine alkaloids are water soluble so be VERY cautious if other labs are using reverse phase chromatography).

Certified Reference materials are used and several controls are run to ensure accuracy. The lead scientist has a Ph.D. in Molecular Plant Sciences/Biochemistry from Washington State University, 21 years of liquid chromatography experience, 16 years of employment in biomedical science and has published more than 10 peer reviewed articles in scientific journals. In addition, he was the Director of a cannabis and environmental testing lab and is thoroughly versed in the accreditation process and running an accredited lab.

Only one other psilocybin testing lab exists that we know of and they don’t seem interested in collaboration so using other labs to validate methods is not possible yet and no PT standards are available yet either.

Please let me know of you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Sensi

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Sensimilla13. I look forward to learning about your business and any information regarding mycology

6 Likes

That checks out. Man keep away from olcc as long as possible… They want your money bad. And they’ll make you put friggn cameras everywhere.

Glad to hear CRMs are in use. Do they run standards with every run? And if so what is their acceptance criteria for variation from standards, ±20%? Any idea on their measured variation between duplicate extractions? These are things that would inspire confidence for me. Thanks

3 Likes

Thanks,
Yes, it is with caution they will approach the regulators…as of now it seems a little early to let them know what they are doing.

Yes, they run a blank, blank spike and an authentic standard with every run.

The current psilocin standard curve has an r squared value of better than 99% and the psilocybin standard curve has an r squared of 0.92.

The allowable variance is +/- 20% but they are trying very hard to stay +/- 10%. So far I’ve only seen 1 run of one standard be 12% off from 100% recovery.

Great questions!

Cheers!

3 Likes

There is some data on the IG that shows reproducibility of the extraction method and also comparing extraction with sonication (samples in ice bath during sonication) and standard vortexing, all done in triplicate but showing each data point.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYULFiYJ1mf/?utm_medium=copy_link

Cheers!

3 Likes

Highly recommended!! We’re working on getting these folks signed up for the Good Life Gang. Stay tuned for your discount.

5 Likes

I fixed that for you :wink:

4 Likes

THANK YOU Sido_Cat!!!

:heart:

2 Likes

Is there a process you can share on how to get samples sent in? @Sensimilla13 not worried about location.

This guy is a homie and I’m stoked about this service.

6 Likes

Hello,
As of now they will accept samples from within the USA. There are instructions on the ordering website. Please email them at Info_Flourishlabs@protonmail.com and they will provide instructions.

Cheers!
Sensi

2 Likes

Please check your email spam folder if the reply is not in your inbox. The Proton Mail sometimes defaults to the spam folder.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@Sensimilla13 nice chatting today dude :wink:

3 Likes