New Mushroom Lab in Oregon

This makes me :grin:

2 Likes

Absolutey, what a pleasure to chat and it was an intriguing conversation!

Cheers,
Flourish Labs

2 Likes

Thank you for the introduction!!! :heart:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello, I apologize for posting and not coming back more often, life has been unbelievably busy with lots of personal things happening lately that require a lot of time and attention.

New pricing for testing services have been made to male testing more affordable.

Cheers!
Sensi

6 Likes

What if I wanted to test my microdose? I was on a call with @Future about microdosing and the fundamental issue is that thereā€™s no parity or consistency. Itā€™s my capsule the same as yours? Heck is mine the same is mine every day?

These are interesting questions

1 Like

This is why known milligram doses are the future. Right now itā€™s like 10 years ago with a weed brownie the only measure is based on how high you get. Personally, Iā€™d rather have extracts and know that I like 1-2 mg per day.

8 Likes

According to the data Oakland Hyphae generated from their first Psilocybin Cup, the left varied drastically. I wish I could remember the exact percentage. The takeaway was that you are exactly right. Potency is a complete mystery rn. And with entheogens, more than cannabinoids, shelf stability is a huge factor.

Iā€™ve been microdosing for about a year and I notice a difference. Itā€™s all from the same provider, but still, thereā€™s a difference.

This is why Iā€™m passionate about this new lab and all the others that are pinning up around the country.

9 Likes

The psilocybin cup is okay, but Iā€™d rather see a competition where anyone has a full lb or more that has a homogenous 1.5+ % potency. One mushroom at that sureā€¦ but letā€™s see the tubs that go that hard harvested at the correct time. Itā€™s like picking a cola and saying thatā€™s your super sack.
I think stability is a major issue in the biomass, but Iā€™ve got extracts that havenā€™t changed in over 6 months. Once you get it away from moisture and enzymes the primary alkaloids can be stable when properly stored.
The micro doses I use have exactly 1 mg or 2 and they are in a tablet that I have proven stable over 6 months in storage.
I think these molecules have massive potential to help people. But I wouldnā€™t give my grandmother a bag of mushrooms and say good luck. Iā€™d give her an exact dosage so she could repeat the experience.

14 Likes

I want know all about this. Help me follow your progress.

Hi Cat,
The best way to know one is getting a consistent dose is to homogenize a large batch and make lots of capsules, then store them properly too.

There is definitely a lot for us to learn regarding all.of this and yes, doses will be based on mg of psilocin in the future.

Cheers,
Sensi

3 Likes

I 100% agree with this.

Cheers!

Yes, you are correct. Producing a consistent lot batch after batch isnthe real challenge here. I personally find a contest for the most potent mushie a little silly, but to each is own.

I am interested in more meaningful science as it pertains to dosage and the resulting effects. In addition, how do the different alkaloids contribute to the medical effects.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Sensi

3 Likes

The best way to know one is getting a consistent dose is to homogenize a large batch and make lots of capsules, then store them properly too.

Homogenize a large batch of what in what. Is the first step making an extract? If so then what solution is the compound best stored in to be put in the capsules. For cannabis we can mix extract with mct and lecithin and homogenize that stick it into some capsules and be pretty confident in dose cap to cap

What would be the simplest way to accomplish this with mushrooms instead of cannabis

1 Like

The extraction process I use results in a homogenous free flowing powder.
Can be used for capsules, tablets or edibles.

4 Likes

How is the long term stability? Are you making both psilocin and psilocybin?

I have seen freebase psilocin turn black over time, I have personally not seen freebase psilocybin in person but I can see how it would be more stable.

Itā€™s proven stable over six month but I keep it as a purified crude up to 10-12%. There are plenty of other molecules providing some at least some uv barriers in the mix and potentially antioxidants but I also use desiccant away from light.

5 Likes

grind the biomass to a powder (its now homogeneous), place (measured amount) in capsules.

done.

9 Likes

Yes but how do you assure the powder is homogeneous? What level of mixing would be needed? Are the particles that have more psilocybin heavier? If so, wouldnā€™t they gravitate towards the bottom as you mix?

I might be overly pendantic about my definition of homogeneous

7 Likes

Aaaaaand, what about batch to batch and over time? Thereā€™s a LOT we donā€™t know about this medicine.

5 Likes

Im guessing extract/tincture kept in an amber bottle in the freezer has a higher chance of being homogeneous, and not degrading over capusles