What is the best way to extract and crystalize psilocybe from mushrooms?

yes. but you need to apply heat to do the conversion.

2 Likes

To get psilocin to dissolve in your tea, the tea is gonna have to be acidic.

1 Like

sugars are cool too tho.

theyre a bihh to separate out.

10 Likes

From my limited observation on the matter, I believe that having acidic water present de-phosphorylates psilocybin, and given enough time, polymerizes/degrades the psilocin. I don’t think water soluble formulas have a very good shelf life.

2 Likes

It makes making edibles with them much easier.

Yeah I get no bubble guts off the extract or tea done right

I’ve discovered this vivid and curious discussion only by accident, during my online research. I’ve just started experimenting, tried 2 solvents so far, no luck.

1. pure DMSO extraction of 50g of dry powder - resulted in 0.1g of dark black goo, after evaporation (almost instant, due to gaseous and low boiling nature of the solvent), no psychoactive effects

2. ethylacetate 70% + water 30% - resulted in 0.7 g of amber brown goo, after evaporation (t=35C, 8h), no psychoactive effects

I wasn’t really expecting these unpublished methods to work, but I’ve had to eliminate the most available polar solvents at start. Sadly, pure methanol is considered as a drug precursor, in my area of habitat.

Next up: maceration, homogenization, and DCM :wink:

1 Like

Water bad

2 Likes

This is interesting, I believe the nitrate anions would interact with the charge on the amine to help keep in solution. Maybe salt addition could help incases where there’s poor solubility in organic solvents

1 Like

Any progress? I’m very motivated to find a solid extraction/storage method.

Just in case anyone is wondering about yields, potency and stability, may I introduce @Sensimilla13 and his testing lab:

3 Likes

Thank you! At Flourish Labs we are focused on extraction for analytics and we use sonication in 100% methanol. The mass was optimized so that the most effective yield.could be achieved which is 250-300 mg of fruiting body for 10 min on an ice bath.

It will be different for people extracting large amounts for production and the only way to figure it out is to do the proper experiments in a well controlled environment.

I wanted to let others know also that Flourish Labs has lowered testing prices as well and was posted in the New Oregon Testing Lab thread.

Cheers,
Sensi

7 Likes

Water brah

just sent an email @Sensimilla13

1 Like

Just curious, do you use an explosion proof ultrasonic bath or an ultrasonic homogenizer for this sample prep?

Ultrasonic homogenizer from Hielscher.

Cheers

1 Like

Hello,my first post in that fantastic forum .
Here is a good extraction guide. Dont do acid base extractions on mushrooms .when first converting psilocybin to psylocin the last one is very unstable. Extract like in that paper with methanol and use as it is…

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

This extraction writeup is very old and can be optimized simply to more professionell way.
First for Filtration use a vacuum setup.
For extraction they use a big volume of methanol. Here you can use a soxleth setup to extract a big amount of fungial biomass with way less solvent .
For final solvent removal you can use a vacuum destillation setup to use less temperature and also recover your solvent. You will end up with a perfect highly potent non synthetic extract .

4 Likes