What is the best way to extract and crystalize psilocybe from mushrooms?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any experience in this, I have read that you are able to extract using ethanol but I would like to actually try it with Butane and use pressure to crystalize. Any feedback on any methods would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

7 Likes

This isn’t how alkaloid extraction works

Google
“Crystals of the gods”

Have fun, guy

15 Likes

Did It occur to you to do a basic search FIRST?

https://future4200.com/search?q=Psilocybin

You actually had to delete text suggesting you do so in order to post.

Which could be construed as an inability to read…

9 Likes

How about

“Have fun-gi”

Lol

17 Likes

A little birdie tells me meoh is the ideal extraction solvent. Couple this with a soxhlet.

8 Likes

by all means go ahead…however, what you’d like and what is actually possible are often entirely different things.

how did you investigate the solubility of your compound of interest?

6 Likes

Alkaloid ?

He wants those heady slabs bro, just throw some mushies in each run! Oh man that would be awesome, but idk about trying to dab psilocibin i bet so much would degrade that it would feel like microdosing :thinking:

4 Likes

Sounds like a long strange trip to me

3 Likes

Psilocin is apparently soluble in hexane. Psilocybin is not. Least that’s what a 3min web search suggests. Actually asking the all knowing one the OPs question quickly leads to more appropriate suggestions. Including the aforementioned solubility differences between the fun those guys bring to the table.

Fav response?

should defat them…

3 Likes

Your goin to have better success with polar solvents. Paul staments has mentioned a blue tincture using water recently, but for Extraction methanol / MeOH would be useful, otherwise the Iso series of solvents

Ethanol actually works better in practice then methanol for extraction. While psilocybin is technically more soluble in methanol, ethanol seems to penetrate the tissue better for whatever reason

Also you will crash crystals with an ethanol extraction but it’s unclear whether these are actually psilocybin or just some kind of salt or organic acid

14 Likes

Psilocybin is optimally extracted with 75% methanol( saturated with potassium nitrate) with a 10min exposure time.(1)

Psilocin is optimally extracted in 75% water/ethanol for 160min exposure time.(1)

1. R. Kysilka, M. Wurst, ‘A novel extraction procedure for Psilocybin and Psilocin determination in mushroom samples’. Planta med, 1990.

26 Likes

Just soak a few ounces in methanol, filter through Buchner and then evaporate methanol.

Not crystals but left with a really concentrated goo that’s very potent

6 Likes

That’s a lot of work vs just eating them.

19 Likes

Mortar & Pestle and capsules work just fine.

7 Likes

I just weighed them out and chewed them up last time. Before that we would wash the cow sheet off and down them fresh.

4 Likes

I don’t get the desire to extract mushrooms really either, unless someone is planning on taking massive doses

3 Likes

Have you tired?

When extracted, only need to eat this size of a grain of rice, which is great, since the smell of raw usuall make me gag.

Not to metion, that rollercoaster feeling is non-existent.

So, for me the extract is the way to go.

12 Likes

psilocin nor psilocybes can be crystalline. what you see from “crystal of the gods” are unreacted sugars. the real magic is in the black goop. goodluck

12 Likes