Need help with bitter bloc

I am making a nano thc syrup the SOP i am using an SOP that i seen on this forum Zack posted one that i found. Everything went well, the only thing I need help with is the Anhydrous bitter bloc i chose the company Specialized RX Im no sure how much to use of the product. Does anyone have a rule of thumb on how much to use. I understand that its best to start small and add from there cause you cant take away but can always add more if it needs more. i don’t know maybe i answered my own question, lol any help would be greatly appreciated.

Methodoloy

1 Like

I’d start by asking the folks you got it from…

(If it wasn’t almost midnight on a Friday.)

Surely they have some starting points on their website?!?

1 Like

Can’t find a product labeled “anhydrous bitter bloc”…but their “bitter bloc pure powder” is anhydrous. So maybe that’s what you’re using.

Guess what?

They list target concentration for you right there on the product page…

Or is the issue that you don’t grok ppm?

It’s also listed in percent…

apparently the correct answer is; “Fuck All!”

6 Likes

that’s for the powder itself I got the liquid which is the powder but just in liquid form I had to call them and they said it was 1-3% for the liquid and the powder is only 0.01-0.06. ill try the powder next time.

:exploding_head: rly

3 Likes

No. Its vice versa.

The powder is a powder form of the liquid

Also @methodologyXtrx whats the link to the syrup recipe

I spoke with the company that’s what they stated to me that the powder is the concentrated form of the liquid that’s why u need much less of it. what’s ur email I can send it to you

1 Like

I spoke with the company that’s what they stated to me that the powder is the concentrated form of the liquid that’s why u need much less of it. what’s ur email I can send it to you

1 Like

I asked for the link to the SOP of the recipe

let me try and find it I sent it as a message on here.

1 Like
1 Like

See if they will tell you what the main ingredient they are using to formulate their bitter blocker. I’ve tried several, magna sweet, liebermuth, mycotechnology, and each had a different active ingredient. Although this is their trade secret/proprietary tech, they should give you a clue as to what they have. Magnasweet uses licorice root which while liebermuth uses créeme of tartar and mycotech self explanatory. Definitely changes from brand to brand how much you want to use.

I looked at a few SOP for this and I like this one its pretty simple don’t need much and I like the sonamechanics ALL in one. makes things easier. cheers!

So here is what we used in the pharmacy, and I have used in one of my O/W emulsions. A mixture of β-alanine and glycine. I don’t know exactly what ratio you would need in your formulation, but I was using a 1:1 blend at about 0.5% w%/w.

I hope thats helpful!

Edit: I just realized this was a discussion on a specific ‘Bitter Bloc’ product. I don’t have any experience with that. Sorry if what I posted isn’t relevant.

4 Likes

Nothing like a good resurfacing. Happy Friday, all. :slight_smile:

A quick note to encourage you to look at TastesNatural and their bitter blockers - but more importantly, the customer service. You can direct insight from R+D, formulations, and more. Start with a sample and enjoy the experience! We want what you want, and will work doggedly to make it happen.

Finally - stay tuned (LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram) - new products are being unveiled this year.

With admiration for your work and efforts,
.sd.