Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Do the gummies still feel wet after air drying for 2 days? Are you circulating air?

1 Like

if u add a tiny amount corn starch to the outside sugar mixture, this will help with stickiness, or a carnauba wax. all major candy makers let them tumble in a sideways pot… time to break out the old rock tumblers.

5 Likes

They’re a little sticky but with our dry climate they about the right amount of rubbery. these are from my earlier recipe which used more water; I’m going to progress to the lower water recipe suggested here by the @Killa12345 and others

I have 2 recipes - one for coated gummies and one no sugar coating; the coated gummy recipe calls for 1 cup sugar to 1/2 corn syrup 1/2 c water vs uncoated (1/2c sugar, 1c corn syrup, 1/2 water)

The coated recipe seems produce a dried gummy that remains a little sticky (for the coating?) whereas the dry version has a dry leather after18hrs.

4 Likes

Panners are the best for waxing. They’re pretty easy to make.

1 Like

how so?

i was just gonna rent a concrete mixer when needed. :wink:

1 Like

Yup. Make a liner.

How sour is that coating?

Love chef steps. been cranking out turkey roulades like its nobodies business. I was looking at this recipe the other night. I was assuming the 2g of “essential oils” would be some combination of flavor and cbd distillate. Am i thinking about that right?

2 Likes

no…that is the flavoring…i actually use 3g of flavoring which is 1 dram buying them lorann conentrates…

The recipe i posted makes 200 gummy squares which i put 3.3g of 94% cannabinoid distillate(89.5 thc)in which i figure makes my gummies about 15mg of cannabinoids give or take. It really dont make 200 gummies so its probably really close after equating for error.

This is all to give away…i dont do this for a living. just to help give my clients have a sure fire sop when they ask. I ruin my own oil in the name of science so my clients can learn from my mistakes.

20 Likes

same, all for fun. My wife and neighbors have been on this elderberry gummy kick. And separately take cbd tinctures. i thought, find a way to make the elderberry gummies with the cbd. so i got some elderberry juice powder, will see how that turns out.

2 Likes

I’ll be dm’n you for your gummy sop!

3 Likes

I’ll do a batch with you if you want.

2 Likes

Let me know if you need any disty for it. I still need to source moulds. I have butter and 12x brownie moulds.

5 Likes

The molds are on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R9Y7BWC/

7 Likes

these are the molds Im using i think Killa is using the same ones
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R9Y7BWC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
if they werent so dumb expensive id grab these… still might lol

https://www.amazon.com/Colorado-Silicone-Gummies-Candies-Chocolates/dp/B07RWPJTFW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=thc+candy+mold&qid=1578359484&sr=8-2

10 Likes

YESS!!!

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

3 Likes

lol barely beat me to it

3 Likes

mine cost 10% the price of yours lol

3 Likes

i had posted 2 links. the ones i wish i had and the ones i use (same link as you)… i dont know why it will only let one of them have a preview

1 Like