Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Yep…my 521mg of 89% distillate is really 465mg of pure thc but its really 94% cannabinoids…so its really 490mg of total cannabinoids

6 Likes

Yes. If you have one gram of distillate at 60% THC there is 600mg of THC in that gram.
If you have some at 90% THC, there is 900mg THC in that one gram.

So, Gram #2 is more potent because it contains more THC than Gram #1.

7 Likes

Thank you everyone!

6 Likes

stay away from that damn cheese sandwich with the fried cheese sticks in it, its like eating mealy garbage…

2 Likes

Lumberjack special. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything but breakfast there. :man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

These two items have made the biggest impact on production time. Sous vide and ketchup bottles (with big threads so they want pop off when warm). The Sous Vide let’s me relax and not get in too much of a damn hurry, because the bottles sit in a relaxing 120 degrees. Nice and fresh to the last drop. This enables me to quadruple my recipe, saving me a lot of prep and clean time. Each bottle holds 150 to 180 small bears, no dropper can do that.

46 Likes

Damn…this is tricks of the trade worthy right there.

Ketchup bottles. Genius!!!

7 Likes

When you find them, buy a few cases. But not untill you know what ur looking at. Take it home put 140 degrees water in it, leave the small caper thing on and use your index finger to reinforce the small caper thing. Squeeze the bottle firmly and if the big top stays on, you should be good…unless you use a shit tone of gelatin…like to hard to eat shit…ur good.

Same method here! Sous Vide works well for heating oil also.

1 Like

We have several of them. They are perfect for a lot of cannabis projects. We use 4 of the at the same time when we produce beauty products that require multiple butters.
And they cook fish better than… well everything!!!

Yea they are awesome machines. What model/brand do you guys find has worked best? I just use a cheap amazon one (anova I think) but it gets the job done.

My favorite is the Joule by ChefSteps, slightly more money but so far extremely accurate temps. I was sceptical about the app only control, but thus far it’s been good to us. This is a tool everyone should have in their kitchen. I cooked a 2 inch thick steak, with poor expectations, fucking tasty…weird texture…but incredibly moist…

3 Likes

Texture is better in things if you give (whatever) a quick pan sear and both sides.

7 Likes

Didn’t @BG305 suggest this further up? I got on that tek and the bottles ate like 0.97 cents at wally world

1 Like

haven’t seen ketchup bottles paired with the sous vide, we used to throw them in a double boiler.

also tried one of these, which gave decent results.
https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Piston-Funnel-Capacity-0-85qt/dp/B0015XHOKA

both approaches are “low volume” imo.

1 Like

Easier to pour in mold and scrape over top; 43.6x faster and makes very consistent size/weight

Then you have to clean up any of the little extra bits on the sides to look legit. I’ve found the total time invested to go down since I started using the bottles

4 Likes

Agreed, I used to dump and scrap, but ugly gummies and much longer/pita to remove from the gummies from the mold. Hand squeezing 195 takes maybe 5-7 min…and the bottles r cleaner.

1 Like

What do you conceder high volume?

haven’t seen it in action…clearly involves replacing the monkey with a machine…I did consider options for achieving this once upon a time.

this critter was the state of the art in gummy dosing last time I looked…which was quite a while ago.

The Business of Edibles - Marijuana Venture

edit: the all knowing one suggests this video

5 Likes