How to medicate store bought candy?

Take 2 and call me in the morning. I don’t smoke only eat rso and 80-100 mg is more than enough for me. Its like i don’t build a tolerance I’ve been doing the same thing for yrs

2 Likes

What you’re going to need is soy lecithin… And a candy thermometer.

2 Likes

why has no one mentioned alcohol that’s NOT sprayed? I make a 50/50 distillate-alcohol solution, do the math on the dosing per 0.1g drop, and use a pipetter to make sure the dosing is correct for each candy. then run through a dehydrator for a half hour on the lowest heat setting to evap the alcohol.

5 Likes

What gummies are best for this method?

@Hippymeds you don’t yet understand the significance of @thumper dropping actual wisdom, cause this is about the most right thing he’s ever said. Start from scratch, practice making recipes without the distillate but everything else, carrier oil and emulsifier, till you get the constant results you like and your batch size is like wise consistent. I always figure dosing by weight but I don’t really make “gummies” more like a jello shot. But the precision of this relies, as always, on precise measurements. This is why bigger batches tend to have greater precision once they’re dialed in. In short you’ll need to weigh the pot you’re mixing everything in before you add the distillate and start heading and after you’re done cooking to determine your concentration by weight. Also, don’t forget to factor the water loss, not sure it’s really important to get this number, but I’m a more information kinda guy. This is why I say weigh before you start, as long as you know the percent concentration of the distillate and the volume by weight added to the batch you can easily calculate mg THC per gram of edible.

4 Likes

It’s been mentioned.

Just not in this thread.

It works, at lower doses, but doesn’t scale particularly well.

Although scaling has been documented…

2 Likes

You could definitely get that a bit more scaled up and automated with a switch triggering one of these guys through a manifold:

We use this system as a drip oiler that triggers off mechanical movement to oil each row of molds but it would probably work to drop on already made stuff like seen in the picture you linked too… but at that point I’m not sure you’re saving any time over infusing from scratch.

4 Likes

Sounds like “doesn’t scale particularly well” to me…but I’ll take “can be scaled, but why?!?” :rofl:

1 Like

A peristaltic pump with a stepper motor could make an easy to use handheld version

@shattertramp sour coated candy is the easiest to drop onto

3 Likes

Ah ok, this makes sense now why these guys wanted almost a dollar per 100mg gummy to white label.

They are probably paying 20 cents a gummy before they drop anything onto them.
Product tastes good, with a strong hemp/ full SPectrum disty taste before you taste anything else.

2 Likes

I made 500mg cereal bars for a while as well. Properly infused and tasted amazing. Same with the gummies. Both flavorful.

Nah man, individually infused is kinda like strain specific, it means they’re only using one vegan per batch…

7 Likes

this and a grid of piano wire looks cheap and easy? CO & OH State THC Logo Gummy Mold | Vector Molds – Vector Molds 1200 grams off a half sheet. If you make a jig its one cut.

1 Like

weighing? just put extra… You dont wanna give them too much? Thats why i downsized from 10 gram 400 mg doses. dummies eat 3 of them

the new mold is the size of my reccomended dose= you are gonna get fucked up off it. im guessing 100 mg thc. I gotta get it tested. I should offer a 50 50 cbd since i got cbd and a homogenizer= Ill make a big batch of dog cbd to share with the dogs for free but on the freebies= it will have either salmon oil or liver= to keep it all legit.

1 Like

Ehh… fed a few of my boys grams of disty… they were just like “…nice”

1 Like

Ya it all depends on the person, eating it straight wont give you the same effect as if it was mixed with a fat.

4 Likes

I’ve tried that several times, it might make a single pack of candy but good luck filling a 400 cavity mold that way. Also when you crush the candy and remelt it doesn’t fill the whole mold so it took like 3 tries to get them full.

1 Like

I pour/spread the still melted mix and use the crushed up bits to top off whatever cavity needs more

1 Like

It goes without saying- if you are at that scale, it may benefit by using proper kitchen equipment and SOP’s for candy making, not small bags of store bought candy.

5 Likes