How to medicate store bought candy?

Hey all. I have been ,making brownies and cereal bars with distillate, and they taste great. strong with very little taste of weed. we just got some like sour skittles, apple rings and starburst gummies. each were like 500 mg. they are coating regular candy with something. i taste citric acid for sure. i am assuming they are using distillate as well. anyone know how to make these. when i make my cereal bars, i have a pan that has a cutter and it makes 18 perfect pieces. this makes it easier to set dosage. how do you do it with this. i did see a video where a girl says you take tincture and squirt it on there, but the taste would be way stronger, and the high would be way less. thanks in advance. i appreciate it.

1 Like

Better off just learning how to make cannabis infused gelatin and making gummy bears, no?

6 Likes

Most of that stuff is sprayed trash, infusing is always better

You can remelt/mold lifesavers or jolly ranchers pretty easily

3 Likes

The problem with baked goods is shelf life unless you freeze them. The easiest hard candy with a long shelf life to make is jolly ranchers or Lifesavers.

Put parchment in a coffee mug so the candy can be removed cleanly while warm. Add candy. Melt on 50% power in the microwave in 20 second bursts until it melts and add distillate, stir. Keep blasting until it starts to bubble, pull it out and put it in the freezer. Crush candy and place in silicon molds. Re-melt in the microwave, let harden and enjoy!

5 Likes

i make some killer gummies from scratch. they taste killer, but i guess the fun thing was tasting starburst and such. i never thought about molds though. i will look up some of those and melt some. i will say these got us super high and tasted great.

1 Like

I use the oven at 250-270f to melt into the molds, microwave might be too aggressive/uneven

4 Likes

Yea, what you are getting is sprayed with distillate and that ain’t a good thing. Has nothing to do with a tincture. As far as the 500mg each, no way no how. Take a bite sized candy, now coat it with half a gram of distillate. You’d end up with a lot of extra distillate left over after coating the candy.
And that’s assuming you distillate is 100%, in reality its prolly closer to 70% if it’s being used in edibles.

Long story short, DOT SPRAY… INFUSE.

8 Likes

I got the tek for sprayed gummies send me a dm 500$ flat Ill get you started

7 Likes

you would know 50mg from 500mg how?!?

Ever had them tested? Ever eaten anything that was actually potency tested?

What do you have for extract? Distillate?

Eat 1/2gram and tell me again the coated candies are 500mg… (that 1/2g of distillate is probably only 420mg)

5 Likes

People just use oil tincture and re add sugars after absorption a lot. Or just melt a re mould once you get into making candy it’s not too hard just messy

Atleast what I’ve seen it’s usually oil or evaporated / sprayed type stuff though. Not a lot take the time to do it right.

well i make 250 mg cereal bars, and 50 mg gummies using a spreadsheet. so i compared to how i felt eating mine. to me it was the same.

1 Like

If I was gonna make a hamburger I wouldnt buy hamburgers and grind them up. Start from scratch.

1 Like

You my friend should stick to brownies and cereal bars and let gummy makers stick to gummy making.

4 Likes

Yeah are you sure it wasnt 500mg in a whole package? I make 70-80 mg gummies and people are into them but the taste of distillate is pretty strong and that is the max i can go before they are practically inedible.

I used to drop tincture into the center of some raw vegan edibles before adding a filling and they were alright- but with higher concentrations it just ended up being drops of distillate that would pool in there and get stuck on your teeth and shit- gross- could really only use lower doses on those.

Find a great gummy recipe and rock it- this place is a great resource with a lot of information already available to help you along the way. And nobody needs 500 mg in one small piece of candy- that is straight up treacherous for most people, lol!

1 Like

Can you imagine chewing a half gram of disty. It be like …the never ending taffy… pull fillings right out of your teeth… lol

I wonder if the OP realizes 500mg… for arguments sake… is half of a carts worth… lol

5 Likes

Literally probably 60% of a cart lmao. That’S an intense edible considering 100mg slams most people I know!

Ya 500 can definitely ruin your day, ive seen it done. Saw a non stop smoker say he could eat a hershey size bar i made that was probably 900mg, he regretted it with in the hr

8 Likes

Iv done 1 gram in a chocolate bar, but only one time. Lol
Slept like 16 hours.
I can smoke a pound in a day and my wife could give two shits.
I fucking eat a few bears and she looses her shit. :upside_down_face: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

That’s why I think it’s insane to see these street edibles advertising 500mg a pack. For like 10-15$. I doubt there’s actually 500mg but fuckin imagine the average person just one piece would be enough!

1 Like

Ya he was hugging the floor like he drank a gallon of tequila and he was just as green.

3 Likes