Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Oh and I HIGHLY recommend dehydrating gummies. The mouth feel is unmatched same with the gummy texture in general. And as crazy as it sounds i think a properly dehydrated gummy tastes much better too… FYI If you are using Purees and you don’t dehydrate your going to have a bad time.(your gummies will leak)

3 Likes

Honestly when it comes to corn starches i’m pretty clueless on that. It mightve been somewhere in their but I’m not sure, really having troubles finding the PDF. It was a free pdf as well

2 Likes

I’m also keen to try find out how to make starch gummies to make vegan gummies. Let me know if you get any further in your search.

This is an ingredients list for a good vegan (non infused) gummy you can buy in the UK: sugar, glucose syrup, modified starch, 6% strawberry juice from concentrate, dextrose, 4% coconut water from concentrate, acids (malic acid, citric acid, lactic acid), potato protein, acidity regulators: sodium malates and calcium carbonate, natural flavouring, fruit and plant concentrates (sweet potato, apple, black carrot), hydrolysed pea protein

I’ve noticed a mix of both starch and potato protein in a couple of other vegan gummy ingredient lists but don’t even know where to begin recipe/method-wise

2 Likes

Look at all the toys!

1 Like

People keep asking me for more of my gummies… Have I just started a business? :smiley:

These are pineapple and peach flavor.

10 Likes

Have you had any issues with shelf life after dropping the vegans from your recipe?

We were sourcing free range vegans on the streets in Eugene, but the supply has dried up since COVID. If we could get away without using vegans in our gummies, it would be much easier to meat our production goals.

18 Likes

You literally just woke up my wife by causing me to spit beer out of my nose! neither of us are happy with you, now shes up :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Iv never been interested in eating vegan untill now :yum:

8 Likes

Wow… that’s a lot of fine equipment!

1 Like

Sorry couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

Did you type it?

its above in post 739

1 Like

Experiment with maltodextrin any?? I just bought some.

just sent out a email for the pectin recipe ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should the burner/induction temp be 149 and 122, or should that be the internal temp of the mix?

Thanks

Pretty sure it’s the temp of the product, but I’ve found 122 to be too low and gets it to start thickening up a little on me. Have had no apparent issues adding the acid and flavor at the higher temp. I then keep it near 135-140 in the bottles while I’m getting ready to dispense.

3 Likes

Drying time has to do with humidity in the room

2 Likes

only reason to add flavours later, is so the dont boil off. and ya, 122 gets a bit thick… im usually adding stuff at 130 ish… and its in the internal temps for those values.

2 Likes

Say, how strong can one make these before the amount of distillate in them starts messing with the integrity of the candy?

I want to make some much stronger batches for my personal use and for those friends who have a similar tolerance.

1 Like

I can help. 30 yrs in food industry… 10 in Cannabis.
I have MANY formulas…what you looking for?

I see gummies all the time that are perfectly dripped/sprayed

Im only aware of using like a @qma shooter with MCT, Does anyone here know if people are soaking or doing another application?

The canfy is saw was perfectly dosed and no sticky or negative aspect to the look or candy itself