Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

What do you conceder high volume?

haven’t seen it in action…clearly involves replacing the monkey with a machine…I did consider options for achieving this once upon a time.

this critter was the state of the art in gummy dosing last time I looked…which was quite a while ago.

The Business of Edibles - Marijuana Venture

edit: the all knowing one suggests this video

5 Likes

I don’t think you are wrong, the numbers are just hard too read since you yielded a percent from a percent. So just for future clarity:

1ml = 1g distillate
1g = 1ml distillate (use milligrams to distinguish the difference in the THC Yield (mg/g) and when discussing the ‘weight’ of the distillate (gram)
1 gram = 1000mg
90% Distillate would have 900mg/ml(g)
75% Distillate would have 750mg/(g)
…ad infintum

4 Likes

Wow I did not catch what was going on in that photo. Are they infusing disty into already made gummies? That’s an idea that I can chew on for a while.

2 Likes

yeah, from a conceptual stand point, it made the gummy to gummy variations I was seeing out of our kitchen when using ketchup bottles look pretty amateurish…

but the fact that a monkey is still responsible for moving the dosing equipment makes it seem somewhat unfinished

2 Likes

…and I’m not really trying to tell you you’re wrong either.

however, my faulting wiring requires I point out that 1ml of distillate is only approximately 1g

if we were talking water, then at one point 1gram == 1ml (1 cubic cm!) was the definition.

Originally defined as “the absolute weight of a volume of pure water equal to the cube of the hundredth part of a metre [1 cm3], and at the temperature of melting ice”[2] (later at 4 °C, the temperature of maximum density of water). However, in a reversal of reference and defined units, a gram is now defined as one thousandth of the SIbase unit, the kilogram, or 1×10−3 kg, which itself is now defined by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures, not in terms of grams, but by “the amount of electricity needed to counteract its force”.[3]

for crude or distillate its a handy estimate, but you should always remember it’s an approximation

Think it’s 1.08g/cc. At least that’s what I get when working the molar density out to my small brains power. Again, I am a person who’s just a nerd, so I am always open to being wrong.

3 Likes

cool…because everybody’s crude and distillate will be different :wink:

those links above offer other numbers to compare yours to.

In my whirled, being wrong simply means I learned something, so I too am always open to )&$^(_)!@#()+!@#$ wrong again! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

I am 100% with you. Just the wording you use indicates that “I understand the minutiae, but it’s only going to jam people up with nuance” that’s my lived-life every day all day. I know how these things get, just saying I agree with you, just we are all splitting semantic hairs. I appreciate your input.

4 Likes

Ok that’s too chewie…disty flowing in small tubes (if been down that rabbit hole) …human…I have to do my pritty gummies personally…extremely consistent but I cant count on that from paid peeps…but if u try the muscle momory with hand booya…95% I keep the resrt…

And I ant trying to be Hasbro…YET

But the aspersions are there my frind…

Why not make disty sugar cubes like the old acid cubes

2 Likes

I have. 1 cube holds ~.8ml Everclear/Ethanol I’ve found. They fit in that 1cmx1cm1cm cube mold with lots of little tiny cubes. I usually just put them in there, drop, and let the dry seems to help them keep a nice structure.

2 Likes

How do you wax your gummies? Do you just coat with carnauba wax or a carnauba/beeswax combo?

1 Like

I use Certicoat. Comes in a sprayable liquid form.

16 Likes

Coming with the fire tip there!! Good looking @raghanded

1 Like

I’m with you sir. I understand that approximation (think I found it to be ~1.08g). I grok the science, it’s just most people fail to read anything more than what is presented so just wanted to offer clarity/context to the casual reader looking for an answer. Anyhow, overall good stuff from what I’ve seen you post in general. Thanks again, and cheers.

Do u have a link on where to buy? and thank your for the info

I just emailed you