1L of pure distillate in grams

How many grams is in 1 L of pure distillate?

Iā€™ve always found thereā€™s about bout 1050 grams in a liter of distillate. just over 1000

9 Likes

Should be right in the ball park of 1000 I believe

4 Likes

Just want exact measurement is anyone has it. Appreciate it

mass=(volume)x(density THC)
mass=(1000ml)x(1.0g/ml)
mass=1000g

10 Likes

An exact measurement is going to vary a bit from one producer to the next because it depends on the exact content of the distillate. The best way to get an ā€œexactā€ number would be to measure precisely 1ml of your distillate on a sensitive scale like the one posted below and multiply that by 1,000.

Smart Weigh High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, 20 x 0.001g, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESHDGOI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p8CyCbFX3MKED

11 Likes

About 1000

1 Like

Iā€™ve always used the 1g/1ml ratio.
So 1000ml = 1000g

3 Likes

here is 500g, slightly under 500ml

hope it helps

10 Likes

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Distillate floats. Just.

It shouldnā€™t be a whole lot different from high grade crude. Which Iā€™ve seen in the 0.96-0.98g/ml range.

@710.consulting has what looks like your answer over hereā€¦

3 Likes

mass=1.02g/ml

4 Likes

Density.

5 Likes

Anyone know why warm distillate would weigh more than room temp? Iā€™ve often poured out hot d9 into a jar and as it cools the weight slowly drops

5 Likes

I was told this in college without an explanation. Google says
If you have absolutely identical objects that have the same weight exactly when they are at the same temperature, then when one object is heated , it will weigh more . This is because the gravitational force depends on the stress energy tensor in general relativity.

14 Likes

bout tree fiddy

9 Likes

SCIENCE
Let me GET some of that!

2 Likes

you shouldnā€™t be able to measure that difference with the tools youā€™re usingā€¦

If you have absolutely identical objects that have the same weight exactly when they are at the same temperature, then when one object is heated, it will weigh more. This is because the gravitational force depends on the stress energy tensor in general relativity. The stress energy tensor 00 component is the total energy of the body, which includes the rest mass plus the kinetic energy of the object. Temperature differences means that there is a different amount of kinetic energy in the motion of the atoms of the two bodies.

For example, if you start with two identical kilograms of water at 0 Celsius, and if you then heat one of them to 100 Celsius, then the kilogram at 100 Celsius would be heavier by an amount equivalent to 4.6 nanograms of additional water weight (see 100*1000 calories / c^2 ).

Is a Hot Object Heavier Than a Cold One? | HuffPost Impact

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a far more measurable difference. I will find the literature that discusses whatā€™s actually going on I believe itā€™s the heat convection energy leaving the object that causes it to weigh more

3 Likes

I have seen a good amount of scales be off due to temperature of hot distillate. To fix this I have put a insulator between the container and the scale plate and itā€™s made it more accurate when warm.

9 Likes